Earn 150 Bonus Starbucks Stars When Reloading Via Chase Pay
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If the recent shift in Starbucks’ loyalty program hasn’t pushed you to Caribou, Peet’s or any other purveyor of caffeine, you’ll be pleased to know that a $20+ reload via Chase Pay will net you 150 bonus stars — enough for a handcrafted beverage, hot breakfast or yogurt parfait.
The offer is valid from April 25, 2019 through May 1, 2019, and you’ll need to load $20 or more to your registered Starbucks Card through the Starbucks app using Chase Pay as the payment type. You’ll then collect a one-time bonus of 150 bonus stars, which will be automatically loaded to your linked Starbucks Rewards account within 24 hours.
I’d also encourage you to check the offers available in your Starbucks app. Several of us here at TPG have an offer to collect 50 bonus stars (now enough to purchase a brewed hot coffee, hot tea or select bakery items) when you pay for two separate orders using your Starbucks Card balance by April 29, 2019.
Finally, log in to your Chase app and view offers for each of your Chase credit cards. I’m seeing 5% back at Starbucks on my Chase Sapphire Reserve, while paying with my Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants) will earn 10% back. If you have similar offers, be sure to select the highest earning card when you reload via Chase Pay to maximize your total return.
As a reminder, here’s the breakdown of Starbucks’ new tiered award structure, which went into effect on April 16, 2019.
- 25 Stars: Extra Espresso Shot, Dairy Substitute or Additional Flavor
- 50 Stars: Brewed Hot Coffee, Hot Tea or select Bakery Items
- 150 Stars: Handcrafted Drink, Hot Breakfast or Yogurt Parfaits
- 200 Stars: Lunch Sandwich, Protein Box or Salad
- 400 Stars: Select Merchandise or Packaged Coffee
While you’re earning those Stars, don’t forget to use the best credit card for Starbucks purchases, like the Citi Prestige Card (5x points), American Express® Gold Card (4x points at restaurants) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points).
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
All images by Darren Murph / TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees