Earn 150 Bonus Starbucks Stars When Reloading Via Chase Pay
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If the recent shift in Starbucks’ loyalty program hasn’t pushed you to Caribou, Peet’s or any other purveyor of caffeine, you’ll be pleased to know that a $20+ reload via Chase Pay will net you 150 bonus stars — enough for a handcrafted beverage, hot breakfast or yogurt parfait.
The offer is valid from April 25, 2019 through May 1, 2019, and you’ll need to load $20 or more to your registered Starbucks Card through the Starbucks app using Chase Pay as the payment type. You’ll then collect a one-time bonus of 150 bonus stars, which will be automatically loaded to your linked Starbucks Rewards account within 24 hours.
I’d also encourage you to check the offers available in your Starbucks app. Several of us here at TPG have an offer to collect 50 bonus stars (now enough to purchase a brewed hot coffee, hot tea or select bakery items) when you pay for two separate orders using your Starbucks Card balance by April 29, 2019.
Finally, log in to your Chase app and view offers for each of your Chase credit cards. I’m seeing 5% back at Starbucks on my Chase Sapphire Reserve, while paying with my Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants) will earn 10% back. If you have similar offers, be sure to select the highest earning card when you reload via Chase Pay to maximize your total return.
As a reminder, here’s the breakdown of Starbucks’ new tiered award structure, which went into effect on April 16, 2019.
- 25 Stars: Extra Espresso Shot, Dairy Substitute or Additional Flavor
- 50 Stars: Brewed Hot Coffee, Hot Tea or select Bakery Items
- 150 Stars: Handcrafted Drink, Hot Breakfast or Yogurt Parfaits
- 200 Stars: Lunch Sandwich, Protein Box or Salad
- 400 Stars: Select Merchandise or Packaged Coffee
While you’re earning those Stars, don’t forget to use the best credit card for Starbucks purchases, like the Citi Prestige Card (5x points), American Express® Gold Card (4x points) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points).
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
All images by Darren Murph / TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.