Drunk American Arrested for Allegedly Urinating on Fellow ANA Passenger
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A US man flying on All Nippon Airways from Chicago (ORD) to Tokyo (NRT) on Friday was arrested for allegedly peeing on another passenger on the 13-hour flight.
Officials told Japanese media that the 24-year-old man drank four glasses of champagne and a sake on board the plane, and after imbibing, he got up and urinated on a 50-year-old Japanese passenger sitting two rows behind him. The Japanese passenger told law enforcement that he did not previously know the drunk American passenger.
The unidentified American was restrained by the Boeing 777’s cabin crew and arrested upon arrival at Tokyo’s Narita International Airport. The man told police he did not remember the incident.
TPG reached out to ANA for more information but did not hear back by time of publication.
Friday’s incident is the latest in a slew of intoxicated passengers causing disturbances on flights across the world. In June, a Ryanair flight from Dublin (DUB) to Ibiza (IBZ) was diverted to Paris Beauvais–Tillé Airport (BVA) after a group of 20 drunk and unruly passengers caused a disturbance on board. The incident led Ryanair to lobby for bans to morning drinking at airports. The same incident prompted Aer Lingus to declare it would refuse to let inebriated passengers board its planes.
H/T: The Independent
Featured image by Shutterstock.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.