Drunk American Arrested for Allegedly Urinating on Fellow ANA Passenger
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A US man flying on All Nippon Airways from Chicago (ORD) to Tokyo (NRT) on Friday was arrested for allegedly peeing on another passenger on the 13-hour flight.
Officials told Japanese media that the 24-year-old man drank four glasses of champagne and a sake on board the plane, and after imbibing, he got up and urinated on a 50-year-old Japanese passenger sitting two rows behind him. The Japanese passenger told law enforcement that he did not previously know the drunk American passenger.
The unidentified American was restrained by the Boeing 777’s cabin crew and arrested upon arrival at Tokyo’s Narita International Airport. The man told police he did not remember the incident.
TPG reached out to ANA for more information but did not hear back by time of publication.
Friday’s incident is the latest in a slew of intoxicated passengers causing disturbances on flights across the world. In June, a Ryanair flight from Dublin (DUB) to Ibiza (IBZ) was diverted to Paris Beauvais–Tillé Airport (BVA) after a group of 20 drunk and unruly passengers caused a disturbance on board. The incident led Ryanair to lobby for bans to morning drinking at airports. The same incident prompted Aer Lingus to declare it would refuse to let inebriated passengers board its planes.
H/T: The Independent
Featured image by Shutterstock.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees