Select Mastercard customers now receive DoorDash perks — check here to see if you qualify
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In recent years, we’ve seen an explosion in the growth of food delivery apps and services. This took center stage over the past year as dining rooms closed and pickup and delivery became the sole options.
But even before the pandemic, credit card issuers began partnering with companies such as Grubhub and Uber Eats to offer consumers tangible, food-related benefits.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
In the latest iteration of food perks, Mastercard World and World Elite cardholders will now receive DoorDash’s Dashpass subscription for three months, with complimentary unlimited free delivery fees and reduced service fees on orders over $12.
In addition, both new and existing DashPass members will automatically get a $5 discount on their first two orders each month ($10 total savings) until September 2022 when paying with a World or World Elite Mastercard. These benefits kick in as of today, April 1, 2021.
How to know if you’re eligible
You might be carrying an eligible card and not even realize it. To find out which type of Mastercard is in your wallet, simply look for the label “World” or “World Elite” just above the Mastercard logo.
For instance, the no-annual-fee Citi® Double Cash Card is designated as a World Elite Mastercard and offers 2% cash-back earnings on all purchases — 1% when you buy and another 1% as you pay. If you pair the Double Cash with a Citi Premier® Card or Citi Prestige® Card (both of which are also World Elite cards), you are able to access the full array of Citi’s ThankYou Points transfer partners.
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
In addition to the DoorDash benefit, a new perk for World and World Elite cardholders is 5% back on each HelloFresh purchase that can be used towards future HelloFresh orders.
World Elite cardholders also receive existing retail and shopping benefits directly from Mastercard. One of the biggest perks is cell phone insurance coverage on most World Elite cards (notably the Double Cash is excluded from this benefit).
With Lyft, World and World Elite cardholders will automatically receive a $5 credit for every three rides taken in a calendar month. The credit will be automatically applied to the next ride, capped at once per month.
World and World Elite cardholders also receive a complimentary Shoprunner membership, with unlimited free two-day shipping and return shipping on purchases at over 100 stores.
Featured photo by Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees