DashPass members now get free delivery through Caviar — here’s how to activate your membership
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the two food delivery companies now officially one, DoorDash is working hard to migrate Caviar’s backend systems into its own. You may have noticed that the two apps now look almost identical and your login information can now be used on both platforms.
The latest development: DashPass members can now maximize their free delivery perks on both DoorDash and Caviar orders. While Caviar offered DashPass members free delivery for a limited time earlier this year, this benefit is now here to stay.
Best of all, you might already have access to a free DashPass membership and you don’t even know it.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
How to get free delivery on Caviar
Effective immediately, DashPass benefits now work on Caviar, too. This means that you can get free delivery and reduced service fees across thousands of participating restaurants on both DoorDash and Caviar.
All you need to do is to sign in to the Caviar app using your DoorDash username and password. Then, place an order of $12 or more from any restaurant with a blue DashPass checkmark next to it. You should see the discount automatically reflected on the checkout on the checkout page — no promo code is necessary.
Activating your free DashPass membership
Earlier this year, Chase added DashPass membership as a perk to a number of its cards, including the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve®, Chase Freedom Unlimited® and the Chase Freedom Flex. Both Sapphire-branded cards offer complimentary DashPass for at least one year, while the Freedom cards above will get you a complimentary three months and then a 50% discount for at least one year.
Related: The best credit cards for dining
To register, simply add your eligible card to the DoorDash or Caviar app. You’ll then be prompted to activate your free DashPass membership. Note that you must use your eligible card to pay for your orders in order to use the benefits.
In addition to the DashPass membership, the Chase Sapphire Reserve gives cardholders up to $60 in DoorDash credit in both 2020 and again in 2021. You’ll automatically receive a statement credit whenever you make an eligible purchase, up to the $60 cap. However, you’ll want to remember that the statement credit is only redeemable on DoorDash and not Caviar.
While this will primarily benefit people who live in large cities, it’s nice to see that DoorDash is expanding DashPass benefits.
For those unacquainted with Caviar, the food ordering service is essentially the same as DoorDash but features more independent and local restaurant selections in 28 major cities across the U.S. It stands out by offering many “only on Caviar” exclusive restaurants and unique food categories like, “Women-Powered” and “Healthy Enough” (the latter is vetted by nutritionists).
Liz Hund contributed to this post.
Featured photo by Oscar Wong/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees