Disney World’s iconic Cinderella Castle is getting a ‘royal’ makeover
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The “Most Magical Place on Earth” is about to get a little bit more magical.
There’s always something new and spellbinding in the works at Disney World in Orlando, Florida. And while we knew there are many exciting updates coming to the park this year, you can now add one more thing to the list: The iconic Cinderella Castle is getting a royal makeover.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As seen in the rendering above, the storybook castle at the heart of Disney World’s Magic Kingdom will undergo a “bold, shimmering and royal makeover,” according to a statement released on Monday.
Related: TPG’s ultimate guide to Disney World
We’re excited to see deeper blues, as well as brighter shades of pink and gleaming golds, especially compared to the current version that stands tall at the end of Main Street U.S.A.
The work will commence in the next few weeks and continue until summer, although it’s not immediately clear how much of the castle will be concealed during the update. According to Disney, you’ll still be able to see popular performances such as Mickey’s Royal Friendship Fare and Happily Ever After. The former is the buzzy stage show, while the latter is the ever-popular fireworks event.
Related: Best credit cards for Disney World
This isn’t the first time the castle has experienced a significant renovation, either. To celebrate the park’s 25th anniversary, Cinderella Castle famously transformed into a giant pink cake, complete with 50 gum balls, 30 lollipops, a dozen gum drops and other confections. That look was, ah, interesting.
So, while the new version won’t have any sugary adornments, Disney enthusiasts might notice some similarities between the update planned for Cinderella Castle at Disney World and Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland. That refresh was just completed in 2019 with richer, bolder colors.
A magical transformation of Cinderella Castle isn’t the only reason to book a trip to Disney World this year. There’s also a lot of buzz around Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway rides at Disney World, both of which are opening in 2020.
In fact, TPG is getting a sneak peek of Runaway Railway in early March (so check back soon!). There’s certainly a lot to look forward to, even for the most seasoned Disney travelers.
Just keep in mind that Disneyland and Disney World both just announced some price increases on various ticket types, so act quickly if you want to lock in tickets at the old rates. (Read on for how to do just that.) You can also check out our guide on how to save money at Disney before you get there.
Featured image courtesy of Thomas Kelley/Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.