Disney World is blocking 1-night resort stays this fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to make a quick trip to Walt Disney World this fall? You might not be able to snag a one-night stay at a Walt Disney World Resort property until early December.
According to Walt Disney World News Today, popularly known as WDWNT, one-night bookings at Disney World properties are unavailable between Oct. 14 and Dec. 5. As WDWNT reported, the single-night bookings are restricted for both online and phone bookings for room-only bookings.
A TPG search across various dates in October, November and early December confirmed no available bookings for single-night stays across 34 different resorts.
Adding a second night (or more) to any of the searched dates did show bookable rates at the majority of the Walt Disney World Resort properties.
Looking at bookings for Disney’s Pop Century Resort, the website claims that the property has a minimum stay of one night and a maximum stay of 14 nights.
According to WDWNT, some one-night vacation packages that include park tickets may still be available, but our search across the same span of dates came back empty.
This year marks the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World, and it pulled out all the stops to celebrate. If you’re itching to get there yourself to help celebrate, it looks like your best bet is to stay multiple nights on-property at one of the resorts — and there are rooms available at every budget.
If your plans only allow for one night in Orlando, don’t fret: There are still plenty of hotels and resorts you can stay at off the Disney World property, including plenty of points hotels. For a luxurious stay, consider the JW Marriott Bonnet Creek; for great elite-status perks try the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress; or for a Disney Springs-area hotel, the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista still has rooms available.
And if you need a little help planning your next magical adventure, we’ve got you covered with our guide to everything you need to know about visiting Walt Disney World.
A Walt Disney World Resort spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request to comment on this article.
Featured image by Katie Genter/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees