This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some SkyMiles members may have the opportunity to stretch their miles even further with a new Delta promotion.
The airline is targeting members for 10% of their redeemed miles back after booking any award ticket in any cabin by May 13, 2018 for flights between August 14 and November 14, 2018. You’re capped at 100,000 miles back, meaning you’d have to redeem a million miles to hit that threshold. You can check here to see if you’re targeted for the promotion.
What makes this promotion even better is that you can get miles back on any award ticket. That means on any route, in any cabin, and even on Delta partner airlines. That means you could redeem for extravagant products like new Delta One Suites on the A350 or Korean business class.
Note that you actually need to have the normal miles required for the award in your SkyMiles account — the rebated miles won’t show up in your account until four to six weeks after you’ve completed travel. This promotion won’t affect your MQM or MQD balance either, since it only applies to award flights.
If you are targeted and you have a redemption in mind, remember that you can transfer both American Express Membership Rewards Points and SPG Starpoints to Delta. Amex points should transfer instantly and Starpoints can take a day and a half.
If you don’t have any SkyMiles but are interested in a Delta or Delta partner redemption, consider applying for a Delta credit card. Even though you won’t be able to earn the welcome bonus before the promotion expires, the airline recently launched a SkyMiles Deals page that features discounted award flights. The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a bonus of 30,000 SkyMiles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months. Plus, a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase within the first three months.
H/T: Frequent Miler
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and discounted Delta Sky Club access.
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Miles after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Check your first bag free on Delta flights - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Want even more flexibility? Pay with Miles is a Card Member feature that gives you the option to redeem miles for all or part of the price of your tickets on Delta.com.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees