Delta Adds New Partners to SkyBonus Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta recently announced they are adding two new partners to the SkyBonus program. Members will now be able to earn and redeem points with Virgin Atlantic, and Delta is also adding Korean Air to the program but currently only for redeeming points for travel. Currently businesses can earn and redeem points with Air France, KLM, Alitalia and Aeromexico.
SkyBonus is Delta’s rewards program for small and mid-sized companies. The program allows companies to earn points on travel expenses with Delta much like the SkyMiles program does for individuals. Businesses can earn up to 30 points for every dollar spent with Delta depending on factors such as class of service and route flown. Those points are then redeemable for award tickets, upgrades, club passes or memberships or even Silver Medallion status with Delta.
Earning points is based on a tiered system that takes into account the class of ticket and which airline you are flying. Points are also based on if you are flying to or from one of Delta’s hubs in Atlanta, Detroit, Cleveland, Minneapolis, or Salt Lake City. Good news if your home airport isn’t a Delta Hub as you will earn more points for not starting or ending your trip at one of these hubs.
SkyBonus still has a standard award chart, unlike the dynamic rewards pricing that most airlines are now using for their award tickets in their frequent flyer programs. Delta has set reward levels for global regions, including US domestic travel, Hawaii, trans-Pacific flights, trans-Atlantic flights, Asia, the Middle East and Central and South America.
You can also use your rewards points for system wide flights for travel anywhere that Delta flies. In addition to reward flights you can also redeem points for a range of other rewards including club passes, club membership, and even Silver Medallion status with the airline. You can use these reward for your own employees or even gift them out to your clients.
Delta isn’t the only airline to offer a frequent flyer program to businesses as well as individuals. If you are a business owner and want to learn more about the different programs and what you need to qualify, check out our guide for Airline Loyalty Programs for Small Businesses.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Alberto Riva/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees