Delta Details First Routes for Reconfigured 777-200s With Delta One Suite
Since launching an all-new business-class product on its A350s last year, Delta has been slowly detailing plans to launch the same seats on some of its other aircraft. We’ve known for a while now that its fleet of Boeing 777s would be the next aircraft to get the Delta One Suite treatment, but until now, we didn’t know when, or on which routes.
As Routes Online reports, Delta will launch the first 777-200, equipped with the new Delta One suites this summer on the following routes and dates:
- July 2-20, 2018: Detroit (DTW) to Beijing (PEK) — Operating on alternating days with an A350
- March 31, 2019: Los Angeles (LAX) to Sydney (SYD) — Operating daily
Flights operated by the newly configured 772 are now available to book. Inside, you can expect to find a reduction in the number of seats in Delta One (as the Suites take up more room), a new premium-economy cabin (replacing the former Comfort+ seats) and about the same number of economy seats.
More specifically, you can expect to find a total of 28 Delta One Suites in the business class cabin. This, as compared to the previous configuration, which offered 37 Delta One seats. Like that on the A350, the cabin is arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration. However, while the 772 will offer 28 seats, Delta’s A350 offers more, with a total of 32 in the cabin.
While arguably not the top business-class seat in the skies, the Delta One Suite is still a great product for travelers. With it, you’ll get a spacious seat enclosed by sliding door to provide you with privacy. You can check out TPG’s full review of the Delta One Suite experience here.
Meanwhile, further back in the aircraft, you can expect to find 48 Premium Select seats. Like that in the A350, the cabin is arranged in a 2-4-2 configuration. In the previous 772 configuration, there was no Premium Select cabin. Instead, there were 36 Comfort+ seats, which Delta has elected to completely do away with in this new 772 configuration.
On the A350, the Premium Select seats offer 38 inches of pitch and are 18.5 inches wide. You can check out a full review of the Premium Select experience here.
Finally, in the economy cabin, Delta elected to keep the 3-3-3 configuration that has been offered on the 772. In total, the economy cabin is comprised of 220 seats, as compared to 218 in the previous 772 configuration. Check out what the economy experience is like on the A350.
If you’re looking to fly in the Delta One Suite on the newly configured 777-200, be prepared to fork out a hefty number of miles. For each of the days that the aircraft is showing as operating on the DTW-PEK route in July, it will cost 300,000 SkyMiles + $5.60.
Alternatively, you could pay cash for the ticket. We’re seeing one-way fares on the route in Delta One Suites from $5,283.
Overall, this is an exciting change for Delta flyers. With yet another aircraft getting Delta’s best seat, it will make the experience more enjoyable — at least for those sitting in the front. Though, there are caveats. For those sitting in economy, the exclusion of a Comfort+ cabin leaves elites relying on those seats with a little extra legroom with a more uncomfortable journey.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees