Committed to the A220: Delta Orders 5 More Airbus A220-100s
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines has reaffirmed its commitment to the Airbus A220 program. The Atlanta-based carrier will order an five additional A220-100 aircraft, the carrier announced at the Paris Air Show on Tuesday.
Tuesday’s order ups Delta order total for the A220 to 95, which includes both A220-100s and A220-300s.
In May, Airbus announced that it would increase the maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) by 2.3 metric tons, thereby increasing the maximum range of the jet. With Tuesday’s order, Delta becomes the first airline to order A220 aircraft with the increased MTOW, which will have a range of just more than 3,900 miles for the A220-300s.
Delta’s A220-100s are produced in Mirabel, Québec, while the A220-300s are produced in Mobile, Alabama. It’s likely that the interior of these just-ordered A220-100s will feature the same interior as the existing A220-100s in Delta’s fleet. That means passengers can expect 109 seats in a 2-3 configuration.
Each of the seats in economy has a 10.1-inch inflight entertainment screen and 30-32 inches of pitch. Meanwhile, the Comfort+ cabin has 34 inches of pitch and first class has 37 inches of pitch.
Delta has ordered a total of 45 A220-100s and 50 A220-300s.
Featured photo courtesy Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees