Flash Sale: Business class flights to Europe for 98,000 SkyMiles round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta SkyMiles is known for its periodic award flash sales, but some deals are (much) better than others. Today’s deal is actually available in business class — and it’s pretty awesome. For a limited time, you can book round-trip flights to Europe in Delta One business class starting at 98,000 SkyMiles. Regular Delta award prices to Europe in business class can easily be a few times that amount, depending on dates, making this a once or twice in a year type of deal.
Related: Ultimate guide to Delta One Suites
As shared by Dan’s Deals, some eligible routes include:
- Atlanta (ATL) – Frankfurt (FRA)
- Boston (BOS) – Dublin (DUB)
- Detroit (DTW) – London (LHR)
- New York (JFK) – Edinburgh (EDI)
- Salt Lake City (SLC) – Paris (CDG)
- Seattle (SEA) – Paris (CDG)
However, the true list is way longer than what Delta has posted. I found 98k business class options to Europe from many other cities including Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), etc. To see what is available in your area, simply search on Delta.com and use a flexible date view to spot the cheapest dates to fly upfront.
Depending on where you fly in Europe, taxes and fees likely start around $50+ and can go into the hundreds of dollars.
The sale ends on Nov. 14 at 11:59 p.m. eastern. Valid travel dates are listed as Dec. 24 – April 18, 2020. The terms state there’s a minimum seven day stay, but my tests indicate that isn’t always required.
If you’re short on Delta SkyMiles, you can transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio. If you want to build up your Delta SkyMiles account for the next flash sale, consider adding a Delta credit card to your wallet.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to pay for the taxes/fees with a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare and provides some built-in protections. Some card choices are: Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Here are the best credit cards for maximizing airline purchases.
Featured image by Sebastien Gaborit via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.