Flash Sale: Business class flights to Europe for 98,000 SkyMiles round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta SkyMiles is known for its periodic award flash sales, but some deals are (much) better than others. Today’s deal is actually available in business class — and it’s pretty awesome. For a limited time, you can book round-trip flights to Europe in Delta One business class starting at 98,000 SkyMiles. Regular Delta award prices to Europe in business class can easily be a few times that amount, depending on dates, making this a once or twice in a year type of deal.
Related: Ultimate guide to Delta One Suites
As shared by Dan’s Deals, some eligible routes include:
- Atlanta (ATL) – Frankfurt (FRA)
- Boston (BOS) – Dublin (DUB)
- Detroit (DTW) – London (LHR)
- New York (JFK) – Edinburgh (EDI)
- Salt Lake City (SLC) – Paris (CDG)
- Seattle (SEA) – Paris (CDG)
However, the true list is way longer than what Delta has posted. I found 98k business class options to Europe from many other cities including Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), etc. To see what is available in your area, simply search on Delta.com and use a flexible date view to spot the cheapest dates to fly upfront.
Depending on where you fly in Europe, taxes and fees likely start around $50+ and can go into the hundreds of dollars.
The sale ends on Nov. 14 at 11:59 p.m. eastern. Valid travel dates are listed as Dec. 24 – April 18, 2020. The terms state there’s a minimum seven day stay, but my tests indicate that isn’t always required.
If you’re short on Delta SkyMiles, you can transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio. If you want to build up your Delta SkyMiles account for the next flash sale, consider adding a Delta credit card to your wallet.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to pay for the taxes/fees with a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare and provides some built-in protections. Some card choices are: Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Here are the best credit cards for maximizing airline purchases.
Featured image by Sebastien Gaborit via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.