Flash Sale: Business class flights to Europe for 98,000 SkyMiles round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta SkyMiles is known for its periodic award flash sales, but some deals are (much) better than others. Today’s deal is actually available in business class — and it’s pretty awesome. For a limited time, you can book round-trip flights to Europe in Delta One business class starting at 98,000 SkyMiles. Regular Delta award prices to Europe in business class can easily be a few times that amount, depending on dates, making this a once or twice in a year type of deal.
Related: Ultimate guide to Delta One Suites
As shared by Dan’s Deals, some eligible routes include:
- Atlanta (ATL) – Frankfurt (FRA)
- Boston (BOS) – Dublin (DUB)
- Detroit (DTW) – London (LHR)
- New York (JFK) – Edinburgh (EDI)
- Salt Lake City (SLC) – Paris (CDG)
- Seattle (SEA) – Paris (CDG)
However, the true list is way longer than what Delta has posted. I found 98k business class options to Europe from many other cities including Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), etc. To see what is available in your area, simply search on Delta.com and use a flexible date view to spot the cheapest dates to fly upfront.
Depending on where you fly in Europe, taxes and fees likely start around $50+ and can go into the hundreds of dollars.
The sale ends on Nov. 14 at 11:59 p.m. eastern. Valid travel dates are listed as Dec. 24 – April 18, 2020. The terms state there’s a minimum seven day stay, but my tests indicate that isn’t always required.
If you’re short on Delta SkyMiles, you can transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio. If you want to build up your Delta SkyMiles account for the next flash sale, consider adding a Delta credit card to your wallet.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to pay for the taxes/fees with a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare and provides some built-in protections. Some card choices are: Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Here are the best credit cards for maximizing airline purchases.
Featured image by Sebastien Gaborit via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees