Delta joins forces with Lyft and the State of Georgia to support vaccine access
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines has joined efforts with the state of Georgia and Hartsfield-Jackson Airport (ATL) to create free COVID-19 vaccination sites at the airport and Delta Flight Museum. These vaccination sites are open to both Delta employees and the general public. As of March 29, Delta says it will be administering 3,000 doses per day. They’ve already vaccinated more than 40,000 people. These sites will continue to operate out of ATL for at least the next 13 weeks.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Demand for air travel took a massive hit during the pandemic. This partnership not only helps Delta bring back travel demand in the long run, but speeds up a return to overall normalcy for the state and country at large. “I think we’re ready to reclaim our lives, as well as to reclaim our joy,” said Delta’s Chief Health Officer, Dr. Henry Ting. “We’ll get there by ending this pandemic with vaccinations.”
In addition to supporting vaccination sites, Delta Cargo is supporting the delivery and distribution of the vaccine worldwide. “All of this builds on our longstanding commitment to protect the health of our customers, employees and communities.”
Delta is also joining forces with Lyft on the “Fund a Ride” program to provide rides to vaccination sites to those in need. The program is open to low-income, uninsured and at-risk individuals. Delta is financing this effort by asking SkyMiles members to donate at least $5 to Lyft through the app. The first 15,000 members to do so will get 250 SkyMiles.
Eligible Georgia residents can register for COVID-19 vaccinations at the Delta Flight Museum by visiting https://myvaccinegeorgia.com/.
Featured image by Rob Wilson / Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.