Delta joins forces with Lyft and the State of Georgia to support vaccine access
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines has joined efforts with the state of Georgia and Hartsfield-Jackson Airport (ATL) to create free COVID-19 vaccination sites at the airport and Delta Flight Museum. These vaccination sites are open to both Delta employees and the general public. As of March 29, Delta says it will be administering 3,000 doses per day. They’ve already vaccinated more than 40,000 people. These sites will continue to operate out of ATL for at least the next 13 weeks.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Demand for air travel took a massive hit during the pandemic. This partnership not only helps Delta bring back travel demand in the long run, but speeds up a return to overall normalcy for the state and country at large. “I think we’re ready to reclaim our lives, as well as to reclaim our joy,” said Delta’s Chief Health Officer, Dr. Henry Ting. “We’ll get there by ending this pandemic with vaccinations.”
In addition to supporting vaccination sites, Delta Cargo is supporting the delivery and distribution of the vaccine worldwide. “All of this builds on our longstanding commitment to protect the health of our customers, employees and communities.”
Delta is also joining forces with Lyft on the “Fund a Ride” program to provide rides to vaccination sites to those in need. The program is open to low-income, uninsured and at-risk individuals. Delta is financing this effort by asking SkyMiles members to donate at least $5 to Lyft through the app. The first 15,000 members to do so will get 250 SkyMiles.
Eligible Georgia residents can register for COVID-19 vaccinations at the Delta Flight Museum by visiting https://myvaccinegeorgia.com/.
Featured image by Rob Wilson / Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees