Flying Delta? You now have access to Disney+
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta has made a big push recently to install seatback entertainment screens in more than 700 of its aircraft. (Of course, not everyone is enamored with seatback entertainment. TPG’s own Richard Kerr makes the case for getting rid of the concept entirely.) Still, the initiative for seatback entertainment is an important one for Delta and its customers.
And this week, the airline inked an exclusive partnership with Disney+ to offer its passengers a range of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic movies and television shows while in the air.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“We know how much our customers value entertainment on board,” Delta’s director of onboard product and brand experience, Ekrem Dimbiloglu, said in a statement. “That’s why we … continue to forge partnerships with entertainment giants like The Walt Disney Company to bring more diversity and variety to the entertainment options we offer in flight.”
Delta’s IFE Spotlight Collection in December will feature more than a dozen Disney films, including superhero flicks like “Avengers: Endgame” and “Captain Marvel”; animated classics such as “Finding Nemo,” “Frozen” and “Toy Story 3” and even the Oscar-winning documentary, “Free Solo,” among others:
- “The Little Mermaid”
- “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
- “The Parent Trap”
- “Remember the Titans”
- “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”
Additional TV series and movies can be found by searching the Disney library on board.
But, the partnership has an even more tangible benefit for Delta flyers. On select routes, U.S.-based SkyMiles members and travelers will have the chance to sign up for a 14-day free trial of Disney+. If you decide to keep the streaming service after the free trial, you’ll be charged $6.99 per month (just be sure to charge it to one of the best credit cards for streaming services). TPG’s executive editorial director, Scott Mayerowtiz — a Delta Diamond Medallion member — even received this offer on Monday night via email.
You must be a new Disney+ subscriber to take advantage of the Delta offer. If you don’t have access to this Delta offer, you can sign up for the Disney+ streaming service here and get a seven-day free trial.
Featured image by Darren Murph/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees