Flying Delta? You now have access to Disney+
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta has made a big push recently to install seatback entertainment screens in more than 700 of its aircraft. (Of course, not everyone is enamored with seatback entertainment. TPG’s own Richard Kerr makes the case for getting rid of the concept entirely.) Still, the initiative for seatback entertainment is an important one for Delta and its customers.
And this week, the airline inked an exclusive partnership with Disney+ to offer its passengers a range of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic movies and television shows while in the air.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“We know how much our customers value entertainment on board,” Delta’s director of onboard product and brand experience, Ekrem Dimbiloglu, said in a statement. “That’s why we … continue to forge partnerships with entertainment giants like The Walt Disney Company to bring more diversity and variety to the entertainment options we offer in flight.”
Delta’s IFE Spotlight Collection in December will feature more than a dozen Disney films, including superhero flicks like “Avengers: Endgame” and “Captain Marvel”; animated classics such as “Finding Nemo,” “Frozen” and “Toy Story 3” and even the Oscar-winning documentary, “Free Solo,” among others:
- “The Little Mermaid”
- “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
- “The Parent Trap”
- “Remember the Titans”
- “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”
Additional TV series and movies can be found by searching the Disney library on board.
But, the partnership has an even more tangible benefit for Delta flyers. On select routes, U.S.-based SkyMiles members and travelers will have the chance to sign up for a 14-day free trial of Disney+. If you decide to keep the streaming service after the free trial, you’ll be charged $6.99 per month (just be sure to charge it to one of the best credit cards for streaming services). TPG’s executive editorial director, Scott Mayerowtiz — a Delta Diamond Medallion member — even received this offer on Monday night via email.
You must be a new Disney+ subscriber to take advantage of the Delta offer. If you don’t have access to this Delta offer, you can sign up for the Disney+ streaming service here and get a seven-day free trial.
Featured image by Darren Murph/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.