Delta Air Lines Puts Finishing Touches on First New LaGuardia Concourse
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines is putting the finishing touches on the first of four new concourses it is building at New York LaGuardia, including new local food options ahead of a fall opening.
The Atlanta-based carrier has begun installing jet bridges and fitting out the interior of what will become the six-gate concourse G of its $3.9 billion terminal C/D rebuild at LaGuardia.
“The historic infrastructure project underway at LaGuardia is a significant component of the more than $12 billion Delta is currently investing in airport redevelopment efforts around the country,” says Delta CEO Ed Bastian said in a statement today.
The new facility at LaGuardia will completely replace the airline’s 1980s and 1990s-era terminals C and D when work is complete in 2026. The terminal will feature expanded spaces, including security checkpoints and waiting areas, with modernized amenities and floor-to-ceiling glass curtain walls with views of the ramp and Flushing Bay.
Delta’s new concourse is the second to open under the $8 billion redevelopment of LaGuardia launched by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo in 2015. Private concessionaire LaGuardia Gateway Partners opened the 17-gate terminal B eastern concourse in December, which houses Air Canada, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines.
United moved into the new facility, including a new United Club, earlier in June.
Delta has extended its partnership with airport hospitality group OTG to the new concourse G space. Food options will include local or locally-infused outlets Rossi Pizzeria, Flatiron Tavern & Provisions, Birch Coffee, H&H Bagels and Juice Press.
“The dining options we’re introducing… reflect the best of what’s available in our city, offering Delta’s LaGuardia customers the flavors we love and appreciate as New Yorkers,” says Rick Blatstein, CEO of OTG, in a statement.
The firm has outfitted concessions in Delta’s existing terminals at LaGuardia and at New York JFK, as well as United Airlines’ terminal C at Newark Liberty.
When concourse G opens at LaGuardia this fall, it will be connected to the existing terminal D via a temporary walkway. The new centralized terminal building is scheduled to open in 2021.
Delta is the largest airline at LaGuardia, what it considers one of its “coastal hubs,” with up to 275 peak day flights.
Featured image by Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees