Deal alert – First class to Hong Kong on American as low as 61K one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a major sale on first and business class tickets to Hong Kong on American Airlines where you can fly one-way for as low as 61,000 miles in first class and 50,000 miles in business.
The deal was first reported by Point Me to the Plane.
These are web special fares from Pittsburgh to Hong Kong, but I’m seeing widespread availability in business class on AA for 70,000 miles as well from Dallas. Try plugging in your city and see what you can find.
Airline: American Airlines
Routes: PIT to HKG
Cost: from 61K miles in first.
Dates: July 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline and comes with a $550 annual fee. See rates & fees), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline and comes with a $250 annual fee. See rates & fees) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
AA’s flights to Hong Kong are two of the airline’s longest flights in its impressive network of 6,800 daily flights to 61 countries. As you’ve probably seen in the news, Hong Kong has been embroiled in months of pro-democracy protests.
I visited recently and never felt unsafe. Here’s why I think Hong Kong is still a great destination to visit.
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Let us know in the comments if you were able to grab this great deal.
Additional reporting by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Featured image from The Points Guy archives.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.