Deal alert: Cross-country flights just dropped to $90 on Alaska Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You can now save 20% on any Alaska Airlines flight if you book by Dec. 13, 2019.
This deal, first reported by Miles to Memories, is valid on any bookable route operated by Alaska Airlines booked through 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on Dec. 13, 2019. Availability is widespread, but the cheapest current prices are in January and February.
You’ll have to book your ticket directly through Alaska Airlines, using promotion code IFLYALASKA, to get the discount, but you can still use Google Flights to find the cheapest dates. Enter your origin and destination cities, then scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Once you’ve found the route you want, go back to alaskaair.com/happyhour to select your flights using the code IFLYALASKA. Sales-eligible fares will be marked with a special symbol and will already reflect the 20% discount.
Airline: Alaska Airlines
Routes: JFK/LAX/PDX/DAL and more
Cost: From $180 round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: January to November 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline and comes with a $550 annual fee. See rates & fees), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ), United Explorer Card (2x on United flights) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Portland (PDX) to Seattle (SEA) in February for $72 round-trip nonstop:
Anchorage (ANC) to Seattle (SEA) in February for $163 round-trip nonstop:
New York-JFK to Los Angeles (LAX) in January for $180 round-trip nonstop:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo by Digital Media Pro/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.