Deal alert: Cross-country flights just dropped to $90 on Alaska Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You can now save 20% on any Alaska Airlines flight if you book by Dec. 13, 2019.
This deal, first reported by Miles to Memories, is valid on any bookable route operated by Alaska Airlines booked through 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on Dec. 13, 2019. Availability is widespread, but the cheapest current prices are in January and February.
You’ll have to book your ticket directly through Alaska Airlines, using promotion code IFLYALASKA, to get the discount, but you can still use Google Flights to find the cheapest dates. Enter your origin and destination cities, then scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Once you’ve found the route you want, go back to alaskaair.com/happyhour to select your flights using the code IFLYALASKA. Sales-eligible fares will be marked with a special symbol and will already reflect the 20% discount.
Airline: Alaska Airlines
Routes: JFK/LAX/PDX/DAL and more
Cost: From $180 round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: January to November 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline and comes with a $695 annual fee. See rates & fees), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ), United Explorer Card (2x on United flights) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Portland (PDX) to Seattle (SEA) in February for $72 round-trip nonstop:
Anchorage (ANC) to Seattle (SEA) in February for $163 round-trip nonstop:
New York-JFK to Los Angeles (LAX) in January for $180 round-trip nonstop:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo by Digital Media Pro/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees