Deal Alert: AA business class to Europe for 84K miles roundtrip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
There’s a major sale on business class tickets to Europe on American Airlines where you can fly round-trip for as low as 84K miles. It works through many U.S. airports to several airports in Europe including Rome and Paris.
The deal was first reported by Running with Miles.
These are web special fares, but I’m seeing widespread availability in business class. The one caveat is that many of these require beginning your journey in a smaller city airport. Interestingly I was able to find flights from New York to Paris for just 84K in biz class, but it requires a connection through Philadelphia.
Try plugging in your city and see what you can find.
Airline: American Airlines
Routes: PHL, BUF, TOL to CDG, FCO, FRA & more
Cost: from 84K miles in business.
Dates: January, February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
How Economy Web Specials works
It’s important to keep in mind that American Airlines Economy Web Specials come with restrictions. I’d recommend reading through all of the details in this post about how Economy Web Specials work. However, as a quick briefer:
- These awards don’t have all of the American Airlines Basic Economy limitations.
- Where the American website says “Economy Web Specials cannot be changed once ticketed.” This isn’t defined but may mean that travelers can’t use Same Day Flight Changes to switch to another award flight on the same day.
- You can cancel and reinstate your miles according to the same terms as any other AAdvantage award. A redeposit fee of $150 for the first passenger and $25 per additional passenger applies for everyone but AAdvantage Executive Platinum elites.
If these awards leave your AAdvantage account depleted, here are some ways to replenish your account:
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®: 50,000 miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months. Plus Admirals Club access for up to 33 travelers at a time.
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®: 65,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening. Plus, 2x miles on a wide variety of eligible expenses.
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card: 10,000 miles and a $50 statement credit for spending $500 on purchases in three months — with no annual fee
The information for the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Additional reporting by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Featured image from JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!