Deal alert: Get up to $60 off of CLEAR plus a free Amazon gift card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at The Points Guy, we’re big fans of CLEAR, the private expedited security program that allows you to jump to the front of the TSA PreCheck line. Brian previously interviewed the CEO of CLEAR on our TPG podcast, Talking Points, and you can even use CLEAR to get through stadiums more quickly for ticket both admission and concessions lines.
I personally am a late convert to the CLEAR game. My United Premier 1K status grants me a free CLEAR membership (normally $179 per year), so I signed up a couple of months ago and have never looked back. Even in my hometown of Austin, the number of travelers in the TSA PreCheck line has ballooned to the point where CLEAR makes a marked difference in my pace from curb to gate, and has saved me from missing flights once or twice already.
If you’ve been considering CLEAR for yourself or a loved one, now’s a great time to sign up: CLEAR Is offering two discounted coupons for use through Sunday, Dec. 22:
TPG60 gets you $60 off + a $10 Amazon gift card, or
TPG50 gets you $50 off + a $20 Amazon gift card
This brings the cost of CLEAR down to $119 if you opt for TPG60, or $129 if you opt for TPG50, and mirrors the same price that United MileagePlus members and Delta SkyMiles members pay. So if you aren’t a member of either airline loyalty program but are interested in checking out the CLEAR hype at a discounted rate, this is a perfect time to do so with a little extra added incentive.
As always, CLEAR members are able to enroll up to three family members for $50 apiece under the same plan, while all children under the age of 18 who are traveling with the primary CLEAR member can enjoy free CLEAR membership.
See you at the head of the PreCheck line!
Featured photo by Summer Hull for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.