Deal alert: Get up to $60 off of CLEAR plus a free Amazon gift card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at The Points Guy, we’re big fans of CLEAR, the private expedited security program that allows you to jump to the front of the TSA PreCheck line. Brian previously interviewed the CEO of CLEAR on our TPG podcast, Talking Points, and you can even use CLEAR to get through stadiums more quickly for ticket both admission and concessions lines.
I personally am a late convert to the CLEAR game. My United Premier 1K status grants me a free CLEAR membership (normally $179 per year), so I signed up a couple of months ago and have never looked back. Even in my hometown of Austin, the number of travelers in the TSA PreCheck line has ballooned to the point where CLEAR makes a marked difference in my pace from curb to gate, and has saved me from missing flights once or twice already.
If you’ve been considering CLEAR for yourself or a loved one, now’s a great time to sign up: CLEAR Is offering two discounted coupons for use through Sunday, Dec. 22:
TPG60 gets you $60 off + a $10 Amazon gift card, or
TPG50 gets you $50 off + a $20 Amazon gift card
This brings the cost of CLEAR down to $119 if you opt for TPG60, or $129 if you opt for TPG50, and mirrors the same price that United MileagePlus members and Delta SkyMiles members pay. So if you aren’t a member of either airline loyalty program but are interested in checking out the CLEAR hype at a discounted rate, this is a perfect time to do so with a little extra added incentive.
As always, CLEAR members are able to enroll up to three family members for $50 apiece under the same plan, while all children under the age of 18 who are traveling with the primary CLEAR member can enjoy free CLEAR membership.
See you at the head of the PreCheck line!
Featured photo by Summer Hull for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees