Two D.C.-area airports will soon offer COVID-19 testing
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Pre-flight COVID-19 testing isn’t just a good preventive measure, but depending on where you’re traveling, it may be required. As such, a growing number of U.S. airports have begun rolling out testing options, such as Anchorage International Airport (ANC), Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Phoenix (PHX) and all three New York-area airports, among others.
And soon, two D.C.-area airports will be joining that list.
In the coming weeks, pop-up COVID-19 testing facilities will open at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Reagan National Airport (DCA). The new testing centers are slated to open in mid-March and will be operated by XpresCheck, a subsidiary of XpresSpa.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The new testing sites will offer both rapid molecular and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing options. At Dulles, there will be nine testing rooms, with an anticipated capacity to administer 500 tests daily. Meanwhile Reagan National will have four testing rooms, with an anticipated capacity to administer 300 tests per day.
At both airports, the facilities will be located pre-security, meaning that you don’t necessarily need to be traveling to get tested. At Dulles, it will be in the Main International Terminal, and at Reagan National, it will be at National Hall. Tests will be available by appointment or, depending on availability, via walk-up.
XpresCheck is an approved testing partner for Hawaii’s pre-arrival approval program. In addition to the upcoming D.C. locations, the company operates testing centers at Newark-EWR and New York-JFK, as well as Boston (BOS), Salt Lake City (SLC), Denver (DEN) and Phoenix (PHX). Although coronavirus tests are often covered by insurance, there are some out-of-pocket costs, ranging from $75 for a PCR test to $200 for a rapid test. Other services available at the facilities include flu, strep and mono tests, as well as flu shots.
Featured photo by Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees