David Neeleman Shares a Sweet Note From JetBlue Crew
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Although he is the founder and original CEO of JetBlue, David Neeleman is no longer a part of the company. But the appreciation from the airline’s staff seems to be timeless. On Monday, Neeleman took to Instagram to share a warmhearted note left by the crew on his flight to JFK.
Comments on the photo also echoed the kind note.
“You changed many lives David. Me as one of them. I had the pleasure of meeting you on a flight to Salt Lake and I was profoundly impacted by your passion and dedication. Something I have tried to carry into my own business,” one commenter said.
Neeleman, who is one of the most influential figures in the airline industry, stepped down from his position as CEO of JetBlue in 2007. His departure from the company followed the “Valentine’s Day Crisis,” a PR disaster that JetBlue endured after weather delays resulted in planes full of passengers stuck in airports for hours. The airline canceled nearly 1,700 flights, which stranded thousands of flyers all over the US. The whole debacle cost JetBlue $41 million.
Today, Neeleman is now co-owner of TAP Air Portugal and working to launch a low-cost airline with the working name Moxy. That venture is slated to launch in 2021 with a fleet of single-aisle Airbus A220-300s. Neeleman has reportedly claimed the new carrier will “get you there twice as fast and for half the price” compared to competing airlines.
Featured image by PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.