David Neeleman Shares a Sweet Note From JetBlue Crew
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Although he is the founder and original CEO of JetBlue, David Neeleman is no longer a part of the company. But the appreciation from the airline’s staff seems to be timeless. On Monday, Neeleman took to Instagram to share a warmhearted note left by the crew on his flight to JFK.
Comments on the photo also echoed the kind note.
“You changed many lives David. Me as one of them. I had the pleasure of meeting you on a flight to Salt Lake and I was profoundly impacted by your passion and dedication. Something I have tried to carry into my own business,” one commenter said.
Neeleman, who is one of the most influential figures in the airline industry, stepped down from his position as CEO of JetBlue in 2007. His departure from the company followed the “Valentine’s Day Crisis,” a PR disaster that JetBlue endured after weather delays resulted in planes full of passengers stuck in airports for hours. The airline canceled nearly 1,700 flights, which stranded thousands of flyers all over the US. The whole debacle cost JetBlue $41 million.
Today, Neeleman is now co-owner of TAP Air Portugal and working to launch a low-cost airline with the working name Moxy. That venture is slated to launch in 2021 with a fleet of single-aisle Airbus A220-300s. Neeleman has reportedly claimed the new carrier will “get you there twice as fast and for half the price” compared to competing airlines.
Featured image by PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees