One of the most popular points hotels in the Maldives is getting a makeover
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Didn’t think the Maldives could get any better? Think again, because the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, one of the most popular resorts in the country, is ready to showcase the final chapter of its multiyear makeover.
The first international resort brand to set up shop in the Maldives, the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island has been wowing visitors since it first opened its door 25 years ago. Now, to celebrate the 25-year mile marker, the resort has announced its “Grand Relaunch,” set for February 2022.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“The unveiling of the resort-wide revitalized space will resonate with the aspirations of a new era of luxury travelers while providing the perfect setting for loyal guests to craft new memories,” Hilton said in a statement.
So, what exactly are these exciting new updates? For starters, on Rangali Island (the adult-only section of the resort), the overwater villas have been fully updated with new interiors featuring integrated indoor-outdoor living spaces and private sundecks, all with uninterrupted views of the ocean. And those overwater villas are spacious, measuring out to 925 square feet — bigger than most New York City apartments.
In addition to the overwater villas, a handful of the resort’s restaurants got a little sprucing up, including Atoll Market, the all-day buffet with live cooking stations; Rangali bar, a snazzy lunch, dinner and cocktail spot featuring new interiors; and Vilu Restaurant at Rangali Island, an open-air restaurant popular with guests.
The resort is also introducing a new teen club called Furaavaru Club on Rangali-Finolhu, the family-friendly part of the resort. There, younger guests can enjoy “engaging experiences for energetic adolescents.” And Majaa Explorer’s Hub, the resort’s kids club, got a brand-new space right next to the teens club.
The resort’s dive center moved right to the water’s edge to make it easier than ever to get a diving lesson, while a new fitness center was added to the adults-only section of the resort to complement the main gym. Arguably the best update, the overwater spa was totally revamped to help guests find their inner bliss, just in case paradise wasn’t enough.
And that’s all in addition to some of the iconic pieces of the twin-island resort that were already near-perfect, like Ithaa, the world’s first undersea restaurant and The Muraka, the first underwater bedroom built into a two-level residence.
According to a spokesperson for the resort, the 50 water villas at Rangali Island will be available to book online starting Jan. 10, 2022. Rates for the Sunrise Water Villa, the entry-level option at Rangali Island, will start at 95,000 Hilton Honors points per night. Cash prices for the same villa start at $1,100 during the low season and $1,550 during the high season.
That in mind, now might be the time to start maximizing your Hilton Honors points to book a stay at the sweet new suites. With the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card you can earn up to 180,000 bonus points; by earning 130,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in purchases in the first three months of card membership, plus earning an additional 50,000 points after spending $10,000 total within the first six months, nearly enough for two nights.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees