Battle of the five-star hotels: Watch TPG UK compare 3 of Qatar’s best Marriott properties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: The team at The Points Guy loves to travel, but now is not the time for unnecessary trips. Our team has temporarily ceased taking review trips and we are not publishing new flight or hotel reviews. While bringing our readers unbiased, detailed reviews of travel experiences is one of our core missions, now is not the time. We all love to travel and know you do too. So, to help keep you entertained — and maybe inspire you — we are publishing a video review that was filmed earlier this year. Hopefully, this will help you once we’re all ready to start booking trips again.
The TPG UK team is unrivalled in our video comparisons onboard aircraft, where members of the team sit in every class on the same plane to show the different experiences side-by-side. We’ve conducted reviews on some of the world’s biggest airlines like British Airways, Emirates, Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines.
While there are still many more flight reviews in the works for when the world returns to normal, we wanted to branch out into the other main tenet of travel: hotels.
Liam covered the St. Regis Doha, Jean stayed at the W Doha and Nicky took up residence in the Sharq Village and Spa, a Ritz-Carlton Hotel, putting rooms, amenities, food and drinks and service to the test.
TPG paid £229 ($284), £244 ($303) and £261 ($324) per night for the St. Regis, W and Ritz-Carlton, respectively. The hotels are all part of the Marriott Bonvoy programme, requiring the following amount of points per night:
- St. Regis Doha — Category 5 (30,000-40,000 points per night)
- W Doha — Category 4 (20,000-30,000 points per night)
- Sharq Village and Spa, a Ritz-Carlton Hotel — Category 5 (30,000-40,000 points per night)
Watch the video below, and don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe!
Featured image by Jean Arnas / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.