Battle of the five-star hotels: Watch TPG UK compare 3 of Qatar’s best Marriott properties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: The team at The Points Guy loves to travel, but now is not the time for unnecessary trips. Our team has temporarily ceased taking review trips and we are not publishing new flight or hotel reviews. While bringing our readers unbiased, detailed reviews of travel experiences is one of our core missions, now is not the time. We all love to travel and know you do too. So, to help keep you entertained — and maybe inspire you — we are publishing a video review that was filmed earlier this year. Hopefully, this will help you once we’re all ready to start booking trips again.
The TPG UK team is unrivalled in our video comparisons onboard aircraft, where members of the team sit in every class on the same plane to show the different experiences side-by-side. We’ve conducted reviews on some of the world’s biggest airlines like British Airways, Emirates, Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines.
While there are still many more flight reviews in the works for when the world returns to normal, we wanted to branch out into the other main tenet of travel: hotels.
Liam covered the St. Regis Doha, Jean stayed at the W Doha and Nicky took up residence in the Sharq Village and Spa, a Ritz-Carlton Hotel, putting rooms, amenities, food and drinks and service to the test.
TPG paid £229 ($284), £244 ($303) and £261 ($324) per night for the St. Regis, W and Ritz-Carlton, respectively. The hotels are all part of the Marriott Bonvoy programme, requiring the following amount of points per night:
- St. Regis Doha — Category 5 (30,000-40,000 points per night)
- W Doha — Category 4 (20,000-30,000 points per night)
- Sharq Village and Spa, a Ritz-Carlton Hotel — Category 5 (30,000-40,000 points per night)
Watch the video below, and don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe!
Featured image by Jean Arnas / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees