Watch TPG UK Fly All 3 Emirates Cabins on the Same Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hot on the wings of TPG UK’s Battle of The Big Three Middle East A380s, the next comparison review is here: The Emirates All-Cabin Review. The Middle Eastern giant is renowned for its first-class cabin, which is often deemed one of the best in the world. And, since the Dubai-baed carrier began flying its newest first-class product to London’s Stansted airport, we figured it’d be a great time to both give that product a thorough review and combine that with an all-cabin review.
Following the success of our first all-class review with British Airways, we knew that we wanted to give Emirates a similar treatment, but finding availability through Emirates Skywards in all three cabins on the same flight was proving difficult. However, on one Saturday afternoon, availability opened up, and we couldn’t miss the chance. Three of the team members (director of content Nicky Kelvin, head of video Jean Arnas and senior writer Ben Smithson) scrapped their Sunday plans and packed a bag for Dubai.
In total, each of the cabins cost:
- Economy — £271
- Business — 62,500 Emirates Skywards miles + £373
- First — 85,000 Emirates Skywards miles + £373
As you might imagine, the team had very different experiences. Of course, things are expected to be better as you pay more money (or points) to move up classes of service, but what we’re really trying to do is show whether each of the classes are a good value for money. Nicky was jammy enough to secure the very front of the plane in First Class; Jean was close behind in business class and Ben definitely drew the short straw and was “very happy when the flight landed.”
Without further ado, here’s what it was like to fly with Emirates in all three classes of service on a flight from Dubai (DXB) to London (STN).
Featured image by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.