Watch TPG UK Fly All 3 Emirates Cabins on the Same Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hot on the wings of TPG UK’s Battle of The Big Three Middle East A380s, the next comparison review is here: The Emirates All-Cabin Review. The Middle Eastern giant is renowned for its first-class cabin, which is often deemed one of the best in the world. And, since the Dubai-baed carrier began flying its newest first-class product to London’s Stansted airport, we figured it’d be a great time to both give that product a thorough review and combine that with an all-cabin review.
Following the success of our first all-class review with British Airways, we knew that we wanted to give Emirates a similar treatment, but finding availability through Emirates Skywards in all three cabins on the same flight was proving difficult. However, on one Saturday afternoon, availability opened up, and we couldn’t miss the chance. Three of the team members (director of content Nicky Kelvin, head of video Jean Arnas and senior writer Ben Smithson) scrapped their Sunday plans and packed a bag for Dubai.
In total, each of the cabins cost:
- Economy — £271
- Business — 62,500 Emirates Skywards miles + £373
- First — 85,000 Emirates Skywards miles + £373
As you might imagine, the team had very different experiences. Of course, things are expected to be better as you pay more money (or points) to move up classes of service, but what we’re really trying to do is show whether each of the classes are a good value for money. Nicky was jammy enough to secure the very front of the plane in First Class; Jean was close behind in business class and Ben definitely drew the short straw and was “very happy when the flight landed.”
Without further ado, here’s what it was like to fly with Emirates in all three classes of service on a flight from Dubai (DXB) to London (STN).
Featured image by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees