Monet’s Former Home Is Now Taking Guests on Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Do you ever dream of walking in the shoes of a famous artist? Understanding their genius? Leaning against the same wall they (might have) leaned against, say, a century ago? How about staying in their former home?
Well, if at least some of that is true, we have news for you: The Blue House (“La Maison Bleue” in French), formerly owned by renowned impressionist painter Claude Monet, is now taking reservations on Airbnb.
Located in northern France, in Giverny — dubbed the “town of Claude Monet” by some — The Blue House was purchased by Monet in the 19th century. According to Airbnb, Monet chose the home because of its vast gardens, which sprawl across 16,000 square feet of the surrounding land. He found the space ideal for harvesting vegetables he used to cook.
Besides the extensive vegetable garden, Monet mostly used The Blue House for friends who were visiting him from out of town. One of his guests were Californian artist Guy Rose, who painted an impressionist rendering of the home in 1910. It’s important to note, however, that this isn’t the Monet house. You know, the one where he painted his famous water lilies. That building is a short distance away from the Airbnb, easily reachable by car.
In addition to all the historic significance, the manor also includes a full kitchen, two living rooms, three bedrooms (two queen beds and one king) and three bathrooms, making it a spacious Airbnb for up to six guests. It was also renovated in 2016, so there’s a mix of modern amenities and old-world touches throughout the home. But best of all, guests get full access to those inspiring gardens.
Ready to live out your dreams of being a celebrated French painter? Reserve The Blue House on Airbnb from $225 per night. (Just remember to charge it to the right travel rewards credit card for Airbnb purchases.) Book the entire home, or just one floor for smaller parties.
Featured image via Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.