Monet’s Former Home Is Now Taking Guests on Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Do you ever dream of walking in the shoes of a famous artist? Understanding their genius? Leaning against the same wall they (might have) leaned against, say, a century ago? How about staying in their former home?
Well, if at least some of that is true, we have news for you: The Blue House (“La Maison Bleue” in French), formerly owned by renowned impressionist painter Claude Monet, is now taking reservations on Airbnb.
Located in northern France, in Giverny — dubbed the “town of Claude Monet” by some — The Blue House was purchased by Monet in the 19th century. According to Airbnb, Monet chose the home because of its vast gardens, which sprawl across 16,000 square feet of the surrounding land. He found the space ideal for harvesting vegetables he used to cook.
Besides the extensive vegetable garden, Monet mostly used The Blue House for friends who were visiting him from out of town. One of his guests were Californian artist Guy Rose, who painted an impressionist rendering of the home in 1910. It’s important to note, however, that this isn’t the Monet house. You know, the one where he painted his famous water lilies. That building is a short distance away from the Airbnb, easily reachable by car.
In addition to all the historic significance, the manor also includes a full kitchen, two living rooms, three bedrooms (two queen beds and one king) and three bathrooms, making it a spacious Airbnb for up to six guests. It was also renovated in 2016, so there’s a mix of modern amenities and old-world touches throughout the home. But best of all, guests get full access to those inspiring gardens.
Ready to live out your dreams of being a celebrated French painter? Reserve The Blue House on Airbnb from $225 per night. (Just remember to charge it to the right travel rewards credit card for Airbnb purchases.) Book the entire home, or just one floor for smaller parties.
Featured image via Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees