Citi ThankYou adds new SkyTeam airline transfer partner
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner.
Here at TPG, we like options when it comes time to book award travel so that all your eggs — err, miles — aren’t in one basket and thus aren’t as subject to devaluations and award-chart changes. That means we get usually pretty excited when credit card programs add new transfer partners, since more partners means more options.
Today, the Citi ThankYou program has added a new airline transfer partner in Aeromexico’s Club Premier. This brings the number of ThankYou transfer partners to 15 airline programs (though one is JetPrivilege, which was the program of Jet Airways but continues to operate in spite of the carrier’s demise.)
Aeromexico is in the SkyTeam alliance, along with airlines such as Delta, KLM and Air France. The transfer ratio from Citi ThankYou to Premier Club will be 1:1. Aeromexico’s award chart is generally not thought of as being amazing for Ae
If you are hoping to fly in a lie-flat seat to Mexico City (MEX), that is possible on some Aeromexico routes operated by the Dreamliner, such as this Los Angeles (LAX) – MEX itinerary available or about 52,000 Club Premier points. Economy seats can be found on this route for around 18,500 points each direction.
You can’t book most traditional partner awards online via Premier Club, though some Delta awards are available online.
Otherwise, you may need to find the award space you want and then call Aeromexico to book many awards over the phone.
Citi ThankYou point-earning cards include:
- Citi Prestige® Card
- Citi Premier® Card
- Citi Rewards+® Card
- Citi Rewards+℠ Student Card
- AT&T Access Card from Citi
- Citi® Double Cash Card (via a linked ThankYou account)
- AT&T Access More Mastercard from Citi (no longer available for new sign-ups, but product transfers are still possible)
The information for the Citi Rewards+ Student Card, Citi Prestige, AT&T Access Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
While this isn’t the most exciting addition we have ever seen, our fingers are crossed for some nice transfer bonuses down the road and more transfer options are always a good thing. If you need additional Premier Club miles, the program is also a transfer partner of Amex Membership Rewards and Capital One. Here are additional tips for redeeming Citi ThankYou points.
Featured image by Wyatt Smith / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees