China Airlines Receives Newest A350 Decked Out in Custom Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
China Airlines is sporting a new look – at least for its newest Airbus A350-900.
The latest bird to join Taiwan’s flag carrier fleet features a unique, custom livery hybrid blending the airline’s plum blossom logo with the exclusive Airbus A350 XWB carbon fiber pattern. This is China Airlines’s 14th A350-900, according to Airbus, and it completes the current firm order for the Taiwanese airline. However, Airbus said that the SkyTeam carrier still holds six options on the aircraft type in case things change down the line.
China Airlines primarily flies its A350 aircraft on long-haul routes between Asia and North America, Australia and Europe. Within the US, you’ll most commonly find Taiwanese A350s offering service between Taipei and San Francisco, Honolulu and Vancouver. And on Oct. 28, China Airlines will begin offering a new route between Taipei and Ontario, California, which will also be serviced by the A350 – possibly this newest one.
China Airlines’s A350s feature 32 premium business-class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, 31 premium economy seats in 2-3-2 and 243 economy class seats in 3-3-3. The A350s also previously featured the carrier’s Family Couch option, which unfortunately is no longer available for purchase as of June 1 this year.
Featured photo by A. Doumenjou/Master Films.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees