This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
China Airlines is sporting a new look – at least for its newest Airbus A350-900.
The latest bird to join Taiwan’s flag carrier fleet features a unique, custom livery hybrid blending the airline’s plum blossom logo with the exclusive Airbus A350 XWB carbon fiber pattern. This is China Airlines’s 14th A350-900, according to Airbus, and it completes the current firm order for the Taiwanese airline. However, Airbus said that the SkyTeam carrier still holds six options on the aircraft type in case things change down the line.
China Airlines primarily flies its A350 aircraft on long-haul routes between Asia and North America, Australia and Europe. Within the US, you’ll most commonly find Taiwanese A350s offering service between Taipei and San Francisco, Honolulu and Vancouver. And on Oct. 28, China Airlines will begin offering a new route between Taipei and Ontario, California, which will also be serviced by the A350 – possibly this newest one.
China Airlines’s A350s feature 32 premium business-class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, 31 premium economy seats in 2-3-2 and 243 economy class seats in 3-3-3. The A350s also previously featured the carrier’s Family Couch option, which unfortunately is no longer available for purchase as of June 1 this year.
Featured photo by A. Doumenjou/Master Films.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees