This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
China Airlines is sporting a new look – at least for its newest Airbus A350-900.
The latest bird to join Taiwan’s flag carrier fleet features a unique, custom livery hybrid blending the airline’s plum blossom logo with the exclusive Airbus A350 XWB carbon fiber pattern. This is China Airlines’s 14th A350-900, according to Airbus, and it completes the current firm order for the Taiwanese airline. However, Airbus said that the SkyTeam carrier still holds six options on the aircraft type in case things change down the line.
China Airlines primarily flies its A350 aircraft on long-haul routes between Asia and North America, Australia and Europe. Within the US, you’ll most commonly find Taiwanese A350s offering service between Taipei and San Francisco, Honolulu and Vancouver. And on Oct. 28, China Airlines will begin offering a new route between Taipei and Ontario, California, which will also be serviced by the A350 – possibly this newest one.
China Airlines’s A350s feature 32 premium business-class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, 31 premium economy seats in 2-3-2 and 243 economy class seats in 3-3-3. The A350s also previously featured the carrier’s Family Couch option, which unfortunately is no longer available for purchase as of June 1 this year.
Featured photo by A. Doumenjou/Master Films.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards