China Airlines Receives Newest A350 Decked Out in Custom Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
China Airlines is sporting a new look – at least for its newest Airbus A350-900.
The latest bird to join Taiwan’s flag carrier fleet features a unique, custom livery hybrid blending the airline’s plum blossom logo with the exclusive Airbus A350 XWB carbon fiber pattern. This is China Airlines’s 14th A350-900, according to Airbus, and it completes the current firm order for the Taiwanese airline. However, Airbus said that the SkyTeam carrier still holds six options on the aircraft type in case things change down the line.
China Airlines primarily flies its A350 aircraft on long-haul routes between Asia and North America, Australia and Europe. Within the US, you’ll most commonly find Taiwanese A350s offering service between Taipei and San Francisco, Honolulu and Vancouver. And on Oct. 28, China Airlines will begin offering a new route between Taipei and Ontario, California, which will also be serviced by the A350 – possibly this newest one.
China Airlines’s A350s feature 32 premium business-class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, 31 premium economy seats in 2-3-2 and 243 economy class seats in 3-3-3. The A350s also previously featured the carrier’s Family Couch option, which unfortunately is no longer available for purchase as of June 1 this year.
Featured photo by A. Doumenjou/Master Films.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.