This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the less-heralded perks of many credit cards is exclusive, early or discounted access to special events. For instance, Amex has offered cardholders cheap Hamilton tickets; AA Citi cardholders have access to exclusive concerts; and Ritz-Carlton offered cardholders access to The Cayman Cookout. And after being such a hit last year, Chase brought its Seaport Summer series back to NYC this summer.
Located on the NE side of Pier 17 (89 South Street New York, NY 10038), at the River Lounge, is the Chase Sapphire Lounge. It’s open daily from 12pm to 8pm and accessible to Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders (plus one guest) with the flash of your card.
Cardholders have a reserved seating area with excellent views of the Brooklyn Bridge. There’s also an exclusive menu with for-purchase food and drink options, including a custom cocktail called “The Sapphire” consisting of Bacardi, Blue Curacao, honey, lemon and grapefruit bitters.
In addition to the lounge, on Sundays, cardholders get special discounts and offers at merchants in the area:
- Lobster GoGo: Seafest Combo Roll, beverage, vegetable and fruit for $15
- R17: Express line on Sunday Rooftop Concerts
- by CHLOE: Burger, fries, small beverage and cookie for $18
- Big Gay Ice Cream: 20% of all handcrafted items
- FDR (Food & Drinks by the River): Complimentary hot or iced coffee
- Chase Sapphire Lounge: Chickpea and Garlic Mash with Focaccia, Pickled Vegetables, Assorted Nuts and “The Sapphire” cocktail for $20
Like last year, Chase is also offering access to paid concerts. Cardholders can head to Chase Experiences and either redeem Ultimate Rewards points or pay outright to purchase tickets for the Rooftop at Pier 17 Summer Concert Series. General admission tickets start at $35, with VIP options ranging between $135 to $300.
All photos by the author.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees