This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the less-heralded perks of many credit cards is exclusive, early or discounted access to special events. For instance, Amex has offered cardholders cheap Hamilton tickets; AA Citi cardholders have access to exclusive concerts; and Ritz-Carlton offered cardholders access to The Cayman Cookout. And after being such a hit last year, Chase brought its Seaport Summer series back to NYC this summer.
Located on the NE side of Pier 17 (89 South Street New York, NY 10038), at the River Lounge, is the Chase Sapphire Lounge. It’s open daily from 12pm to 8pm and accessible to Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders (plus one guest) with the flash of your card.
Cardholders have a reserved seating area with excellent views of the Brooklyn Bridge. There’s also an exclusive menu with for-purchase food and drink options, including a custom cocktail called “The Sapphire” consisting of Bacardi, Blue Curacao, honey, lemon and grapefruit bitters.
In addition to the lounge, on Sundays, cardholders get special discounts and offers at merchants in the area:
- Lobster GoGo: Seafest Combo Roll, beverage, vegetable and fruit for $15
- R17: Express line on Sunday Rooftop Concerts
- by CHLOE: Burger, fries, small beverage and cookie for $18
- Big Gay Ice Cream: 20% of all handcrafted items
- FDR (Food & Drinks by the River): Complimentary hot or iced coffee
- Chase Sapphire Lounge: Chickpea and Garlic Mash with Focaccia, Pickled Vegetables, Assorted Nuts and “The Sapphire” cocktail for $20
Like last year, Chase is also offering access to paid concerts. Cardholders can head to Chase Experiences and either redeem Ultimate Rewards points or pay outright to purchase tickets for the Rooftop at Pier 17 Summer Concert Series. General admission tickets start at $35, with VIP options ranging between $135 to $300.
All photos by the author.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that