This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
If you were hoping to add the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card to your wallet but have yet to hit “apply,” bad news: It’s no longer accepting new applicants.
Links to that credit card’s application page from TPG and elsewhere around the web are redirecting to the recently launched Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card with its 75,000-point sign-up bonus after spending $3,000 in the first three months — and a spokesperson from Chase confirmed that the Ritz card indeed is no longer available for new sign-ups.
This change comes right ahead of the official launch of the new Marriott program on August 18. At that date the Marriott, Ritz-Carlton and Starwood Preferred Guest programs will be merged into one, with one loyalty currency, elite status program and a combined award chart.
Here’s what our Chase contact had to say around the change: “Chase will be focusing on premium and no-fee consumer credit cards. All Ritz-Carlton Rewards cardmembers will continue to enjoy their rich benefits and can look forward to the new and enhanced ones that go into effect on August 26, 2018.”
Those changes mentioned above include increased earning rates, a free night award (for stays costing up to 50,000 points) after each cardmember anniversary and automatic Gold status in the new combined Marriott program. So while the card is closed to new applicants, it still holds some valuable benefits for existing holders.
And keep in mind that a Starwood “Luxury” Amex card is coming soon, too — that could be a good choice if you’re looking for a card in the new program, as could the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Card or the existing Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express and Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express.
Featured image courtesy of the Ritz-Carlton Cancun.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees