Chase airport lounges coming to LaGuardia, Boston and Hong Kong — here’s who will have access
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As TPG first scooped in June, Chase is entering the airport lounge game with its Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club.
Now, we know a few more details about who has access — and where Chase plans to open its first three lounge locations over the next year.
First, here is where the issuer will open its own premium airport spaces:
- New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA) in the brand-new Terminal B
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) Terminal B to C Connector (as previously reported)
- Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) Terminal 1
In terms of access, Chase’s lounges will be available to both Chase Sapphire Reserve cardmembers, as well as members of Priority Pass. Priority Pass is a perk of a wide swath of cards from a number of issuers, not just Chase.
It’s also noteworthy that two of the three airports above also have an Amex Centurion lounge. It’s clear that Chase is going head-to-head with the issuer in the lounge department.
What we know so far
As confirmed by TPG’s analysis of public documents, Chase has been approved to operate a new lounge at Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). The new 12,000-square-foot premium lounge will be located in Logan’s currently under-construction Terminal B to C connector.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
According to Massport board meeting documents, Airport Dimensions, on behalf of Chase, was awarded a 12-year lease at Logan for a new lounge with a $20.4 million capital investment.
Airport Dimensions currently operates 28 lounges worldwide, including two already-existing spaces at Logan. For travelers, most of these lounges are familiar and branded as “The Club” or “Club Aspire” and are largely accessible via Priority Pass.
Chase’s new lounge at Logan has an anticipated “build-out” date in the first quarter of 2022.
According to slides from the Massport meeting, lounge amenities will include showers, a family room, a business lounge and rest and wellness areas.
Marianne Lake, co-CEO of Chase states, “Travel has always been important to our customers who aspire for compelling and elevated experiences. We’re investing in meeting our customers where they want to be as more and more of them have the confidence to travel again.”
Chase also shared that the Sapphire Lounge will “bring a fresh approach to the lounge experience with locations to be announced in select markets over time.”
Why this matters
For years, the network of Amex wholly-owned and operated Centurion Lounges was the only major player in the card-run lounge space.
But in recent months, Capital One announced its intention to open a network of airport lounges, starting at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) operated by the Plaza Premium Group, followed by Washington-Dulles (IAD) operated by TAV America Operation Services Inc. There’s little doubt, airport lounge competition is heating up amidst the credit card issuers.
Now, Chase has confirmed it is stepping into the ring with its Chase Sapphire lounges — including its first three locations. Thanks to Priority Pass, many customers will have access, so we’ll have to keep an eye out if crowding becomes an issue.
Let the lounge games begin.
Featured photo by LaGuardia Gateway Partners of LGA Terminal B.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees