Chase Freedom Unlimited Offering an Increased Sign-Up Bonus of $200
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Freedom Unlimited
If you’re looking to complete the Chase Trifecta with the Chase Freedom Unlimited, now is a great time to do so. You can currently receive a $200 sign-up bonus — a step up from its usual $150 bonus — when you spend $500 in the first three months of card membership. This offer is available directly through the Chase website, and it may be targeted, though it’s showing up for most people in at least one browser.
Remember that while the Freedom Unlimited is technically a cash-back card, if you also have an Ultimate-Rewards-earning card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, you can redeem cash back as points that can be transferred to airline and hotel partners. The $200 bonus is equivalent to 20,000 Ultimate Rewards points, which are worth $400 based on TPG’s valuations. If you have a Chase card that earns UR points, the Freedom Unlimited’s 1.5% cash back on all purchases is equivalent to a 3% return on spending (again based on TPG’s valuations).
If you’re not seeing this sign-up bonus right away, try checking on a few different browsers. Some TPG staffers only saw the $200 offer in Safari, while some were able to see it in Chrome. This offer may be targeted, but it does seem to be showing up for most people who search.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited’s a great no-fee card; it even won for this very category at the TPG Awards. If you’re looking to add it to your wallet, why not earn a $200/20,000-point sign-up bonus that gets you $50/5,000 points more in value than the standard offer?
The information for this offer has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards