Some Chase business cardholders eligible for 5,000-point bonuses
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Heads up to cardholders of one of Chase’s business cards. The issuer is out with a bonus offer right now that could give you a big return on your spending over the next few months. In fact, if maximized, it could be more than enough to get you a free flight or hotel night.
Between now and the end of July, certain Chase business cardholders are eligible for 5,000 bonus Chase Ultimate Rewards points when they spend $5,000. Here’s the kicker: you’re eligible to tap into this bonus three times. So, you’ll get another 5,000 bonus points when you hit $10,000 in spending during the promotional period, and another 5,000 points when you hit the $15,000 mark.
Sign up for our daily newsletter for more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox.
Who is eligible
TPG learned about the promotion through what appears to be a targeted offer sent to some members. The offer began May 1 and runs through July 31.
According to the promotion, Chase members who hold the following cards are eligible:
- Ink Business Cash Credit Card.
- Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card.
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card.
- Ink Business Plus Credit Card (no longer available to new applicants).
Taking advantage of the offer
If you received this offer, be sure to activate it now so you don’t forget. However, even if you didn’t receive it directly, you can check to see if you’re eligible by entering your last name, last four digits of your card and zip code at this link.
Thankfully, the terms indicate that all purchases during the promotional period are eligible — as long as you activate by July 31 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
If maximized, this offer could land you an extra 15,000 points. Since TPG values Chase Ultimate Rewards at two cents per point, that’s a bonus worth about $300.
Because Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer to a variety of key airline and hotel loyalty programs at a 1:1 ratio, this is a great chance to maximize your business spending.
How this could land you a free trip
Certainly, you want to pick the right credit card for your spending habits, whether it’s a card for business or personal expenses.
Let’s take the Ink Business Preferred card as an example of how this offer could really help boost your points earnings as you plan travel.
The Ink Business Preferred, which has a $95 annual fee, rewards certain spending at 3 points per dollar: travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone services, and advertising purchases with social media and search engines (up to $150,000 in combined spending each account anniversary year; then 1 point per dollar).
So, let’s say you were to spend $15,000 in those categories between now and the end of July. That would mean you’d accrue 45,000 Ultimate Rewards points based on the normal earning rate.
Then, because of this promotion, you’d earn three 5,000-point bonuses for your spending.
That means your $15,000 spending would net you 60,000 points.
Now, let’s say I’m a Chicago resident looking to take a weekend trip to Washington, D.C. later this year for some sightseeing in our nation’s capital – maybe see some monuments and visit a couple Smithsonian museums.
I could transfer a portion of those points to United MileagePlus and cover the round-trip mileage rate of 24,200 miles between Chicago-O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD).
That leaves me with a little under 36,000 points left. Let’s move those over to Marriott Bonvoy – again, they transfer at a 1:1 ratio.
36,000 points won’t get you a free weekend at a five-star property in the middle of the city, but it’s more than enough to cover the two-night stay at the Residence Inn just across the river in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, which is a fun and fairly convenient area in which to stay.
This offer could be a nice chance to boost your points earnings, particularly as you plan summer travel. This promotion alone could be enough to, say, put you over the top for what you’d need to book that summer hotel stay or airfare.
If combined with other bonus points you already earn for your spending, you could really maximize your earnings.
Featured photo by vgajic/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees