Earn 5x on takeout and delivery through May with these Chase partnerships
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Chase has enhanced earning structures across its Chase Sapphire and Freedom cards to include 5x on DoorDash and Tock takeout and delivery services. Starting April 10, 2020, through May 31, 2020, cardholders can earn 5x on up to $500 in combined purchases made with the two on-demand food services.
Want more credit card news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter!
With the $500 cap, you can earn up to 2,500 points with this offer — worth $50 if you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve (according to TPG valuations) or $25 if you have the Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants) or Chase Freedom Unlimited. It’s not a lucrative offer, but it can provide some solid savings. You can check out the full terms of the offer on Chase’s website.
Keep in mind that Chase cardholders already receive benefits with DoorDash that can be used in conjunction with this new offer:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred — Cardholders receive a minimum of one complimentary year of DashPass membership, which includes free delivery and reduced service fees on eligible orders.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve — Cardholders receive $60 in annual credits in 2020 and 2021, plus a minimum of one complimentary year of DashPass membership.
- Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Unlimited — Cardholders receive three months of complimentary DashPass membership and an additional nine months of half-priced membership.
The information for the Chase Freedom has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Related reading: Maximize the Chase Trifecta
While I’ve been trying to cook more frequently while at home, DoorDash has been my personal go-to delivery service when I need a break from cooking. I have a Chase Sapphire Preferred, which gives me complimentary DashPass, and it’s nice that I’ll now be able to earn 5x on those purchases as well through the end of May.
Interested in saving even more on dining, takeout and delivery while we are all stuck at home? Check out some of our related guides:
- Best credit cards for dining
- Best credit cards for food delivery
- Earn bonus points on takeout with these dining rewards programs
- Take a trip around the country with these famous foods delivered straight to your door
Featured photo by John Gribben/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!