Capital One Savor Card Offering 8% Cash Back on Event Tickets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the industry’s most rewarding cash-back cards is getting another big boost. The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card, which offers 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, and popular streaming services, as well as 3% back at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart and Target) and 1% on all other purchases, will now net you a 8% cash refund on all purchases made with Vivid Seats through January 2023 — “the largest independent marketplace for tickets to live sports, concert and theater events,” according to Capital One. The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
While I’ve used StubHub several times, I wasn’t yet familiar with Vivid Seats, so I decided to compare availability for this Saturday evening’s Hamilton in NYC. While the pricing varied a bit, I found nearly identical inventory to what was listed on StubHub. For example, here’s Saturday’s performance on Vivid’s site:
And here’s the same event over at StubHub:
Pricing was comparable as well — both sites excluded service fees in the subtotal (boo!), but the end result was nearly identical.
The grand total came out a hair higher for two tickets at Vivid Seats, seemingly due to a higher “Instant Download” fee of $7.50, compared with a $2.50 (per ticket) “Fulfillment Fee” over at StubHub. The nearly $100 you’ll be getting as cash back from Capital One will more than compensate for that, though.
Interestingly, when I didn’t pull the trigger over at Vivid Seats, I got an email offering 10% off the base price, with a maximum savings of $75.
With the $75 discount applied, Vivid was the clear winner, so it might be worth pulling up an event without checking out right away, even if you do intend to make a purchase.
Overall, this is a welcome addition, and will make it worthwhile to do a bit more comparison shopping the next time you buy event tickets from a reseller.
For more on Capital One Savor, see:
- Credit Card Review: Capital One Savor
- Capital One Improves Savor With 4% Back on Dining and Entertainment
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees