Startup airline Breeze unveils 3 new nonstop routes, adds Utah to its route map
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Breeze Airways is coming home.
The startup airline announced Provo, Utah, as its newest destination Friday with nonstop flights to Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Francisco. That will give the carrier its first service from Utah, where its headquarters are located in the suburbs south of Salt Lake City.
David Neeleman, Breeze’s colorful founder and CEO, wasted little time in playing up the connection.
“It’s been the question on everyone’s lips since we first opened our headquarters – when are you flying from Utah?” he asked in a statement touting the airline’s newest destination. “We’re excited to continue growing and hiring from here, and now flying from Utah too.”
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter.
As for Provo (PVU), the airport sits about 50 miles south of downtown Salt Lake City. Breeze will be just the second carrier to offer regular passenger service there. It will join Allegiant, which flies nonstop from Provo to eight destinations. The carriers will go head-to-head on the route to Los Angeles, which Allegiant will resume flying on Sept. 2, according to that company’s website.
Breeze’s new Provo (PVU) service will operate as follows.
Nonstop flights to San Francisco (SFO)
- Daily service begins Aug. 4 on Embraer E190 aircraft.
- Breeze Flight 603: Departs PVU 8:30 a.m., arrives to SFO 9:35 a.m. (all times local)
- Breeze Flight 602: Departs SFO 4 p.m., arrives to PVU 6:50 p.m. (all times local)
Nonstop flights to Las Vegas (LAS)
- Daily service begins Oct. 5 on Airbus A220 aircraft.
- Breeze Flight 612: Departs PVU 10:30 p.m., arrives to LAS 10:55 p.m. (all times local)
- Breeze Flight 613: Departs LAS 11:50 a.m., arrives to PVU 2:10 p.m. (all times local)
Nonstop flights to Los Angeles (LAX)
- Daily service begins Nov. 2 on Airbus A220 aircraft.
- Breeze Flight 614: Departs PVU 7:30 a.m., arrives to LAX 8:20 a.m. (all times local)
- Breeze Flight 615: Departs LAX 12:15 p.m., arrives to PVU 3 p.m. (all times local)
Additionally for Breeze’s Provo (PVU) customers, one-stop same-plane service will be available to San Bernardino, California (SBD), via San Francisco and to White Plains/Westchester, New York (HPN), via Las Vegas.
Passengers flying on Breeze’s Embraer E190 jets can pick from 96 seats – including 22 with extra legroom – in a 2×2 configuration.
Currently, the Breeze’s Airbus A220s are outfitted with 36 first-class seats, 10 “Nicer” extra-legroom seats and 80 in standard economy. However, Breeze points to a “dynamic” layout for its A220s, and later deliveries of the aircraft will feature 137 total seats – including 12 in first class, 45 with extra legroom and 80 in economy.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.