There Is Now a Loyalty Program for Your Summer Beach Reads
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in time to accumulate books for your summer reading list, Penguin Random House has announced it’s launching a customer rewards program.
Consider it the grownup version of your local library’s summer reading club from when you were a kid, but instead of gold-star stickers from your librarian, you earn points you can cash in for a free book.
Readers who sign up for the program can earn 10 points for each Penguin Random House book purchase. Once customers earn 120 points, or purchase 12 books, they can redeem for a free book up to $30. Members of the program must make an account and enter basic proof of purchase information to start earning points.
Purchases of print, electronic and audio books can all earn points, but not all books or formats are eligible: Only books marked with an “Earn Points With This Purchase” flag on the Penguin Random House site will help move you toward your free book.
It’s also important to note the 10 points is earned per title, so multiple purchases of the same book don’t earn you additional points. See the rewards program FAQ page for more detailed information.
The good news is that readers are not just limited to buying from the Penguin Random House site (although their page does have a survey customers can fill out to get new book recommendations). Books can also be purchased from any brick-and-mortar or online retailer. That means you can buy eligible Penguin Random House books from Amazon — using one of the best credit cards for Amazon purchases — and earn even more points or cash-back.
In a statement, the publisher called the loyalty program, “the largest-scale customer-loyalty engagement to be offered by a book publisher.” Apparently, this is only the first iteration of the points earning system.
“Penguin Random House has begun planning the next phase of the Reader Rewards Loyalty Program, along with further enhancements, and a series of special events in collaboration with retailers and partners nationwide,” the publisher said.
Now that you’ve secured your beach reads, check out these TPG reader recommendations for points hotels with the best beaches where you can lounge by the water with a fruity cocktail and a stack of your new books.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees