Beaches Turks & Caicos Scraps Plan to Close Indefinitely
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, it was announced that Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, a popular all-inclusive resort in Providenciales, was slated to close indefinitely in 2021. The impending closure was said to be the result of long-standing issues at the resort around a $60 million tax dispute.
The resort had allowed guests to make changes to their reservations or cancel their stay altogether. However, a representative from a PR firm hired by the resort contacted TPG on Saturday to confirm that the property is no longer slated to close, although no details were provided about what prompted this decision or if the tax situation has been resolved.
Instead, Beaches Turks & Caicos will continue to operate normally with one exception: The resort will close for scheduled improvements and renovations on September 3 and will reopen on October 14, 2019.
Beaches Turks & Caicos is one of the largest resorts on the island and had received numerous awards at the time the closure was initially announced.
With Beaches Turks & Caicos no longer slated to close, the 758-room hotel is accepting reservations through the end of 2022. The family-friendly all-inclusive packs a punch when it comes to activities for families, including the kids camp, land and water activities and an exclusive partnership with Sesame Street characters, all covered in the cost.
For more, read up on the six things to know before you go to Turks & Caicos. And if you do decide to book a stay, it’s still probably a good idea to at least use a credit card that has some level of built-in protections, just in case.
Featured image courtesy of Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.