Beaches Turks & Caicos Scraps Plan to Close Indefinitely
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, it was announced that Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, a popular all-inclusive resort in Providenciales, was slated to close indefinitely in 2021. The impending closure was said to be the result of long-standing issues at the resort around a $60 million tax dispute.
The resort had allowed guests to make changes to their reservations or cancel their stay altogether. However, a representative from a PR firm hired by the resort contacted TPG on Saturday to confirm that the property is no longer slated to close, although no details were provided about what prompted this decision or if the tax situation has been resolved.
Instead, Beaches Turks & Caicos will continue to operate normally with one exception: The resort will close for scheduled improvements and renovations on September 3 and will reopen on October 14, 2019.
Beaches Turks & Caicos is one of the largest resorts on the island and had received numerous awards at the time the closure was initially announced.
With Beaches Turks & Caicos no longer slated to close, the 758-room hotel is accepting reservations through the end of 2022. The family-friendly all-inclusive packs a punch when it comes to activities for families, including the kids camp, land and water activities and an exclusive partnership with Sesame Street characters, all covered in the cost.
For more, read up on the six things to know before you go to Turks & Caicos. And if you do decide to book a stay, it’s still probably a good idea to at least use a credit card that has some level of built-in protections, just in case.
Featured image courtesy of Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees