British Airways to Introduce New Premium Economy Amenity Kits and Blankets Next Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is improving its on board product in its World Traveller Plus cabin. As part of the carrier’s ongoing plans to update the premium economy offering, it’s set to roll out its second phase of enhancements — new amenity kits, quilts and pillows.
As of July 1, British Airways will deploy a new amenity kit for World Traveller Plus (WTP) travelers, which is made from recycled plastic bottles. Inside the kits, passengers can find an eyeshade, socks, pen, dental kit and lip balm from Scaramouch & Fandango.
Also as of that date, BA is introducing a new quilt and pillow for some WTP passengers. According to a press release, the two will feature the herringbone design that the carrier offers in its first class cabin.
The airline is also adding three new drink options for World Traveller Plus passengers: Gin Fizz (alcoholic; gin, orange juice and sparkling water), Bloody Mary (alcoholic; vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and spice) and Citrus Twist (non-alcoholic; orange juice, apple juice and twist of lemon).
On flights to and from Heathrow (LHR), the new amenity kits, quilts and pillows will be available from July 1. Meanwhile, for flights to and from Gatwick (LGW), the new amenity kit will be available from July 1, while the new quilts and pillows won’t be available until Aug. 1.
In February, BA introduced the first phase of its update for the WTP cabin. In that rollout, the carrier introduced new menus, which focussed on seasonal ingredients and BA says have been “a huge hit with customers.”
Though it was one of the first airlines to introduce a premium economy cabin, BA’s World Traveller Plus product was in dire need of an update. Along with the enhanced meal options, in 2018, BA introduced a new seat with larger inflight entertainment screen and improved footrest to its Gatwick-based 777s — as well as introducing a more dense cabin.
All photos courtesy British Airways.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.