British Airways to Introduce New Premium Economy Amenity Kits and Blankets Next Week
British Airways is improving its on board product in its World Traveller Plus cabin. As part of the carrier’s ongoing plans to update the premium economy offering, it’s set to roll out its second phase of enhancements — new amenity kits, quilts and pillows.
As of July 1, British Airways will deploy a new amenity kit for World Traveller Plus (WTP) travelers, which is made from recycled plastic bottles. Inside the kits, passengers can find an eyeshade, socks, pen, dental kit and lip balm from Scaramouch & Fandango.
Also as of that date, BA is introducing a new quilt and pillow for some WTP passengers. According to a press release, the two will feature the herringbone design that the carrier offers in its first class cabin.
The airline is also adding three new drink options for World Traveller Plus passengers: Gin Fizz (alcoholic; gin, orange juice and sparkling water), Bloody Mary (alcoholic; vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and spice) and Citrus Twist (non-alcoholic; orange juice, apple juice and twist of lemon).
On flights to and from Heathrow (LHR), the new amenity kits, quilts and pillows will be available from July 1. Meanwhile, for flights to and from Gatwick (LGW), the new amenity kit will be available from July 1, while the new quilts and pillows won’t be available until Aug. 1.
In February, BA introduced the first phase of its update for the WTP cabin. In that rollout, the carrier introduced new menus, which focussed on seasonal ingredients and BA says have been “a huge hit with customers.”
Though it was one of the first airlines to introduce a premium economy cabin, BA’s World Traveller Plus product was in dire need of an update. Along with the enhanced meal options, in 2018, BA introduced a new seat with larger inflight entertainment screen and improved footrest to its Gatwick-based 777s — as well as introducing a more dense cabin.
All photos courtesy British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.