British Airways to Introduce New Premium Economy Amenity Kits and Blankets Next Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is improving its on board product in its World Traveller Plus cabin. As part of the carrier’s ongoing plans to update the premium economy offering, it’s set to roll out its second phase of enhancements — new amenity kits, quilts and pillows.
As of July 1, British Airways will deploy a new amenity kit for World Traveller Plus (WTP) travelers, which is made from recycled plastic bottles. Inside the kits, passengers can find an eyeshade, socks, pen, dental kit and lip balm from Scaramouch & Fandango.
Also as of that date, BA is introducing a new quilt and pillow for some WTP passengers. According to a press release, the two will feature the herringbone design that the carrier offers in its first class cabin.
The airline is also adding three new drink options for World Traveller Plus passengers: Gin Fizz (alcoholic; gin, orange juice and sparkling water), Bloody Mary (alcoholic; vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and spice) and Citrus Twist (non-alcoholic; orange juice, apple juice and twist of lemon).
On flights to and from Heathrow (LHR), the new amenity kits, quilts and pillows will be available from July 1. Meanwhile, for flights to and from Gatwick (LGW), the new amenity kit will be available from July 1, while the new quilts and pillows won’t be available until Aug. 1.
In February, BA introduced the first phase of its update for the WTP cabin. In that rollout, the carrier introduced new menus, which focussed on seasonal ingredients and BA says have been “a huge hit with customers.”
Though it was one of the first airlines to introduce a premium economy cabin, BA’s World Traveller Plus product was in dire need of an update. Along with the enhanced meal options, in 2018, BA introduced a new seat with larger inflight entertainment screen and improved footrest to its Gatwick-based 777s — as well as introducing a more dense cabin.
All photos courtesy British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees