British Airways’ first retrofitted 777 with Club Suite to fly to NYC Wednesday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways’ new Club Suite business clss is heading to New York. As of Wednesday, Oct. 9, the airline will begin flying its first retrofitted Boeing 777 aircraft with the new Club Suite between London Heathrow (LHR) and New York (JFK).
The aircraft will continue to fly the route on a daily basis through the rest of the winter season — through March 2020. It is set to operate on the following schedule:
- BA173 London (LHR) 11:20 a.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 2:05 p.m. Arrival
- BA112 New York (JFK) 6:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 6:30 a.m. (+1) Arrival
As of time of writing, there is no Club Suite availability on the first day of service. On October 12, there is Club Suite availability on the JFK-LHR leg for 60,000 Avios plus $629. The flights are currently loaded on BA’s site, and the Club Suite seat map is showing on the appropriate flights. You can tell it’s the updated Club Suite product because the cabin is arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration with a total of 44 seats.
The first retrofitted 777 is reentering service earlier than expected. When BA first unveiled its plans to retrofit its 777s with the new Club Suite business class, the carrier said the first flight would depart on Oct. 27.
A BA spokesperson told TPG that once more 777s are retrofitted with the new product, they will also enter transatlantic service to JFK.
The Club Suite was first unveiled on British Airways’ new Airbus A350 aircraft. TPG UK Director of Content Nicky Kelvin flew the inaugural long-haul flight from London (LHR) to Dubai (DXB) in September and found the new hard product to be great, with plenty of storage.
Elsewhere on the retrofitted 777, you can expect to find the same first-class hard product, though with the updated soft product. In World Traveller Plus (BA’s premium economy), it’s the updated product — the same as is featured on BA’s A350. Finally, the World Traveller (BA’s economy) hard product is the same as on the A350, with the latest seat.
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees