British Airways’ first retrofitted 777 with Club Suite to fly to NYC Wednesday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways’ new Club Suite business clss is heading to New York. As of Wednesday, Oct. 9, the airline will begin flying its first retrofitted Boeing 777 aircraft with the new Club Suite between London Heathrow (LHR) and New York (JFK).
The aircraft will continue to fly the route on a daily basis through the rest of the winter season — through March 2020. It is set to operate on the following schedule:
- BA173 London (LHR) 11:20 a.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 2:05 p.m. Arrival
- BA112 New York (JFK) 6:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 6:30 a.m. (+1) Arrival
As of time of writing, there is no Club Suite availability on the first day of service. On October 12, there is Club Suite availability on the JFK-LHR leg for 60,000 Avios plus $629. The flights are currently loaded on BA’s site, and the Club Suite seat map is showing on the appropriate flights. You can tell it’s the updated Club Suite product because the cabin is arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration with a total of 44 seats.
The first retrofitted 777 is reentering service earlier than expected. When BA first unveiled its plans to retrofit its 777s with the new Club Suite business class, the carrier said the first flight would depart on Oct. 27.
A BA spokesperson told TPG that once more 777s are retrofitted with the new product, they will also enter transatlantic service to JFK.
The Club Suite was first unveiled on British Airways’ new Airbus A350 aircraft. TPG UK Director of Content Nicky Kelvin flew the inaugural long-haul flight from London (LHR) to Dubai (DXB) in September and found the new hard product to be great, with plenty of storage.
Elsewhere on the retrofitted 777, you can expect to find the same first-class hard product, though with the updated soft product. In World Traveller Plus (BA’s premium economy), it’s the updated product — the same as is featured on BA’s A350. Finally, the World Traveller (BA’s economy) hard product is the same as on the A350, with the latest seat.
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.