British Airways to refresh its Chicago O’Hare lounges
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways announced Thursday that it will be refreshing three of its worldwide network of lounges. The renovations at its First and Club lounges in Berlin, Chicago and Edinburgh are expected to be completed in spring 2020.
Once the renovation is complete in Chicago (ORD), passengers can expect to experience a personal, more interactive welcome at both the airport’s First and Club lounges. New décor, flooring, furnishings and specially crafted chairs will set the tone for a more relaxed atmosphere. Other improvements include an increase in the number of charging points and a redesign of food-serving stations.
A similar experience is planned for passengers in BA’s Edinburgh (EDI) lounge. The airline will renovate the space with a brighter look, new furnishings, carpet and an interactive welcome experience. Improved comfort can be expected for passengers with armchairs as well as extra working and dining spaces.
In Berlin (TXL), the plans include new furnishings, carpet and décor.
As is the current policy, passengers flying on a Club World or First ticket, as well as elite status members of Silver or higher will have access to the lounges. Additionally, Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members can enter if travelling on a BA or Oneworld-operated flight.
In all three lounges, BA expects to have the renovations completed by spring 2020.
The refresh comes as part of the airline’s £6.5 billion investment to improve the passenger experience. Other improvements include fleet-wide Wi-Fi installation, fitting 128 aircraft with new interiors and taking delivery of 72 new aircraft — including the A350, which is fitted with the Club Suite product.
Featured image courtesy of British Airways
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees