British Airways to refresh its Chicago O’Hare lounges
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways announced Thursday that it will be refreshing three of its worldwide network of lounges. The renovations at its First and Club lounges in Berlin, Chicago and Edinburgh are expected to be completed in spring 2020.
Once the renovation is complete in Chicago (ORD), passengers can expect to experience a personal, more interactive welcome at both the airport’s First and Club lounges. New décor, flooring, furnishings and specially crafted chairs will set the tone for a more relaxed atmosphere. Other improvements include an increase in the number of charging points and a redesign of food-serving stations.
A similar experience is planned for passengers in BA’s Edinburgh (EDI) lounge. The airline will renovate the space with a brighter look, new furnishings, carpet and an interactive welcome experience. Improved comfort can be expected for passengers with armchairs as well as extra working and dining spaces.
In Berlin (TXL), the plans include new furnishings, carpet and décor.
As is the current policy, passengers flying on a Club World or First ticket, as well as elite status members of Silver or higher will have access to the lounges. Additionally, Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members can enter if travelling on a BA or Oneworld-operated flight.
In all three lounges, BA expects to have the renovations completed by spring 2020.
The refresh comes as part of the airline’s £6.5 billion investment to improve the passenger experience. Other improvements include fleet-wide Wi-Fi installation, fitting 128 aircraft with new interiors and taking delivery of 72 new aircraft — including the A350, which is fitted with the Club Suite product.
Featured image courtesy of British Airways
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.