British Airways flagship lounge at JFK’s Terminal 7 reopens after 16 months
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In yet another sign that international travel is on the rebound, British Airways has reopened its lounge at New York’s Kennedy Airport (JFK). The lounge, considered the airline’s flagship lounge in the U.S., had been closed for 16 months as a result of the pandemic.
The lounge, which is located at JFK’s Terminal 7, officially reopened on Sunday. It coincides with the U.K.’s announcement that from Aug. 2, travelers from the U.S. who are fully vaccinated will not have to quarantine when they arrive in Britain.
“After the news about the change in entry requirements for U.S. customers in to the U.K., we expect to host more customers who need to travel and so we have decided that it is the right time to open our flagship lounge in New York,” British Airways said in a statement.
The JFK lounge is one of the busiest BA spaces, serving hundreds of First Class and Club World passengers, as well as other eligible pass holders who take one of the many daily NYC-Heathrow flights. In 2019, the airline had refreshed the lounge space as part of a $65 million renovation to its footprint in Terminal 7.
One advantage for those flying from JFK in First and Club World who drop by the lounge is being able to check-in for the travel at the exclusive Premium Zone. The First Wing and First check-in are also open to save passengers time.
The opening of the lounge at JFK is the latest move in BA’s lounge reopening plan, which is happening in phases. The carrier recently reopened three domestic lounges in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. Its First and Arrivals lounges at Heathrow were reopened in July 2020.
Featured photo by Brendan Dorsey/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees