Azerbaijan Airlines Ends Service to the United States
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Azerbaijan Airlines is ending its service between Baku (GYD) and New York’s JFK airport. This route is the only destination in the United States the airline currently services, meaning in essence it’s ending service to the US.
The service is scheduled to end on Sept. 30, 2019. The hardware is a Boeing 787 Dreamliner that flies the route on Mondays and Saturdays. If you are looking to catch the last flight back to JKF on September 30, the flight is still bookable.
If you are wondering what you can expect to find on board the 787 Dreamliner, you can read our review of the flight.
And if you are headed to the region after September 30, you still have plenty of options to get there. Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, and Qatar airlines all have service into Baku. Another interesting option: fly Emirates A380 service from JFK to Dubai and continue your trip with flydubai’s service to Baku.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.