Azerbaijan Airlines Ends Service to the United States
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Azerbaijan Airlines is ending its service between Baku (GYD) and New York’s JFK airport. This route is the only destination in the United States the airline currently services, meaning in essence it’s ending service to the US.
The service is scheduled to end on Sept. 30, 2019. The hardware is a Boeing 787 Dreamliner that flies the route on Mondays and Saturdays. If you are looking to catch the last flight back to JKF on September 30, the flight is still bookable.
If you are wondering what you can expect to find on board the 787 Dreamliner, you can read our review of the flight.
And if you are headed to the region after September 30, you still have plenty of options to get there. Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, and Qatar airlines all have service into Baku. Another interesting option: fly Emirates A380 service from JFK to Dubai and continue your trip with flydubai’s service to Baku.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee