The coolest Away luggage colors of the year are out now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here- American Express® Green Card
‘Tis the season for Away to release its coolest limited-edition edition shades yet.
You know all about the Away luggage line. You know about the optional removable battery that can charge your devices on the go, the almost-indestructible polycarbonate shell and how new card holders can get a $100 statement credit on an Away purchase with the new American Express® Green Card (through Jan. 15, 2020). You probably even know the bags come in kid-sizes. So if you know all this already — why yet another post about Away?
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Short version: This is the time of year when Away routinely releases its coolest limited-edition color collections of the year. In 2018, it was Away’s Northern Lights-inspired collection that caught our attention — and even found its way under my own tree.
This year, Away is dropping a “Luminous” line with limited-edition suitcases in shimmery jewel tones, some of which I’m willing to bet will sell out fast. You can take a peek at Away’s website and decide if Jade, Jewel Blue, Moonstone, Amethyst, Amber or Mirror are calling your name. These shiny shades are all available in the standard Carry-On size, the Bigger Carry-On, the Medium suitcase and the Large.
Mirror, Amethyst and Moonstone are all especially tempting to me, but the bad news is these limited-edition colors cost more than the standard line-up ($50 more in most cases, and a whopping $150 more for the silvery Mirror-colored suitcase). More bad news for fans of the distinct mirror-like finish? You can’t purchase this suitcase with an ejectable battery. But gosh, it does look nice on the outside!
If you’re still bummed about missing last year’s Northern Lights collection, take a look at the Everywhere Bag in limited-edition Winter Night-colored leather. Like the suitcases, the Everywhere Bags are also available in new jewel-tone hues. Consider the Garnet Sateen in water-resistant nylon or the smooth topaz leather.
OK, I’m stepping away from the keyboard before I accidentally order anything, but if you’re truly in the market for a new Away bag, I’ll cheer you on from the sidelines. (And if you want to order an extra, I’m a size Carry-On in Mirror.)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees