The coolest Away luggage colors of the year are out now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here- American Express® Green Card
‘Tis the season for Away to release its coolest limited-edition edition shades yet.
You know all about the Away luggage line. You know about the optional removable battery that can charge your devices on the go, the almost-indestructible polycarbonate shell and how new card holders can get a $100 statement credit on an Away purchase with the new American Express® Green Card (through Jan. 15, 2020). You probably even know the bags come in kid-sizes. So if you know all this already — why yet another post about Away?
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Short version: This is the time of year when Away routinely releases its coolest limited-edition color collections of the year. In 2018, it was Away’s Northern Lights-inspired collection that caught our attention — and even found its way under my own tree.
This year, Away is dropping a “Luminous” line with limited-edition suitcases in shimmery jewel tones, some of which I’m willing to bet will sell out fast. You can take a peek at Away’s website and decide if Jade, Jewel Blue, Moonstone, Amethyst, Amber or Mirror are calling your name. These shiny shades are all available in the standard Carry-On size, the Bigger Carry-On, the Medium suitcase and the Large.
Mirror, Amethyst and Moonstone are all especially tempting to me, but the bad news is these limited-edition colors cost more than the standard line-up ($50 more in most cases, and a whopping $150 more for the silvery Mirror-colored suitcase). More bad news for fans of the distinct mirror-like finish? You can’t purchase this suitcase with an ejectable battery. But gosh, it does look nice on the outside!
If you’re still bummed about missing last year’s Northern Lights collection, take a look at the Everywhere Bag in limited-edition Winter Night-colored leather. Like the suitcases, the Everywhere Bags are also available in new jewel-tone hues. Consider the Garnet Sateen in water-resistant nylon or the smooth topaz leather.
OK, I’m stepping away from the keyboard before I accidentally order anything, but if you’re truly in the market for a new Away bag, I’ll cheer you on from the sidelines. (And if you want to order an extra, I’m a size Carry-On in Mirror.)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.