Away’s limited edition suitcase was designed to match your new credit card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here- American Express® Green Card
Cult-favorite luggage brand Away just added a fancy new design to one of their best-selling suitcases, and we have a feeling you’re going to want to get one before they sell out (because they will). Thanks to their latest partnership with the American Express® Green Card, you can now get an asphalt-colored Carry-On, Bigger Carry-On, Medium or Large suitcase with a limited-edition mint green zipper.
This is what we like like to call on-brand.
- A durable polycarbonate shell
- An optional ejectable battery that charges your phone or iPad
- TSA-approved combination lock
- 360-degree spinner wheels
- Leather detailing
- Black leather luggage tag
- Interior compression system
- Hidden laundry bag
If you’re looking for something more spacious, both the Medium (26 inches x 18.5 inches x 11 inches) and Large (29 inches x 20.5 inches x 12.5 inches) suitcases have all the same features except for the removable battery, and have much more room for souvenirs.
The American Express® Green Card just came out with some buzzy new perks you’ll want to know about. New cardholders will earn 30,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $2,000 in purchases on the card in the first three months. According to our latest valuations, that’s worth $600.
From now through Jan. 15, you can also earn up to a $100 statement credit on eligible Away purchases you make in the first three months. So, if you’re eyeing that Away x American Express suitcase, now might be the time to apply for a new card. The suitcases range from $225 to $295, so this credit can definitely take a good chunk of change off your purchase.
With this card, you’ll also receive an up to $100 annual credit when you use their American Express Green Card to purchase a Clear® membership and another up to $100 annual credit for LoungeBuddy access.
This gray-and-mint suitcase is just the latest in a flurry of updates and limited-edition products Away has been launching this year. Over the summer, they released a Daily Carry-On with Pocket, which is pretty ideal for business travelers, if you ask us. And in September, they released their most colorful collection yet, thanks to a partnership with Flour Shop. That’s one way to make sure you can always find your bag at baggage claim.
Your suitcase probably says more about you than you think, too, so make sure it’s a good one.
Featured photo courtesy of AWAY.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.