Away’s limited edition suitcase was designed to match your new credit card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here- American Express® Green Card
Cult-favorite luggage brand Away just added a fancy new design to one of their best-selling suitcases, and we have a feeling you’re going to want to get one before they sell out (because they will). Thanks to their latest partnership with the American Express® Green Card, you can now get an asphalt-colored Carry-On, Bigger Carry-On, Medium or Large suitcase with a limited-edition mint green zipper.
This is what we like like to call on-brand.
- A durable polycarbonate shell
- An optional ejectable battery that charges your phone or iPad
- TSA-approved combination lock
- 360-degree spinner wheels
- Leather detailing
- Black leather luggage tag
- Interior compression system
- Hidden laundry bag
If you’re looking for something more spacious, both the Medium (26 inches x 18.5 inches x 11 inches) and Large (29 inches x 20.5 inches x 12.5 inches) suitcases have all the same features except for the removable battery, and have much more room for souvenirs.
The American Express® Green Card just came out with some buzzy new perks you’ll want to know about. New cardholders will earn 30,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $2,000 in purchases on the card in the first three months. According to our latest valuations, that’s worth $600.
From now through Jan. 15, you can also earn up to a $100 statement credit on eligible Away purchases you make in the first three months. So, if you’re eyeing that Away x American Express suitcase, now might be the time to apply for a new card. The suitcases range from $225 to $295, so this credit can definitely take a good chunk of change off your purchase.
With this card, you’ll also receive an up to $100 annual credit when you use their American Express Green Card to purchase a Clear® membership and another up to $100 annual credit for LoungeBuddy access.
This gray-and-mint suitcase is just the latest in a flurry of updates and limited-edition products Away has been launching this year. Over the summer, they released a Daily Carry-On with Pocket, which is pretty ideal for business travelers, if you ask us. And in September, they released their most colorful collection yet, thanks to a partnership with Flour Shop. That’s one way to make sure you can always find your bag at baggage claim.
Your suitcase probably says more about you than you think, too, so make sure it’s a good one.
Featured photo courtesy of AWAY.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees