This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With colors like these, you’ll never have to worry which suitcase is yours at baggage claim again.
Cult-favorite suitcase brand Away is partnering with another cult-favorite, the New York City bakery Flour Shop, on a new collection of popular suitcases and carry-ons that just dropped this week. You’ve seen travelers towing Away bags pretty much every time you go to the airport and, trust us, you’re about to start seeing a lot more of them — and in kaleidoscopic color.
The travel brand debuted the colorful suitcases on Tuesday, and they’re selling out fast. The limited-edition collection comes in eight vibrant colors — pretty much every hue in the rainbow — available in four sizes. This includes The Carry-On, The Bigger Carry-On, The Medium and The Large suitcases, but not the Daily Carry-On With Pocket we reported about earlier this summer. Sorry, business travelers.
View this post on Instagram
We went to Away’s New York City storefront to scope them out for ourselves, and we were told there were only “limited quantities left.” Yes, after only two days on shelves, Away had only the blue cobalt, lime green and hot pink suitcases left in stock.
The bags are a testament to the bakery’s love of bright colors, and retail between $225 and $295 — the same range of prices their carry-ons and suitcases currently cost. If you want to order one, we’d recommend doing so ASAP through their online store. Just keep in mind that the limited-edition Carry-On and Bigger Carry-On are only available without a battery.
That’s not all, though.
Travelers can also get a “branded luggage tag featuring an exclusive Flour Shop design,” according to Cosmopolitan, and purchase bright, zippered packing cubes in both warm and cool tones; those will run you $45 for a set of four.
Now, if only one of those cakes were included in the collaboration, too.
Featured photo by Wyatt Smith/The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees