Away just released its most colorful luggage collection yet
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With colors like these, you’ll never have to worry which suitcase is yours at baggage claim again.
Cult-favorite suitcase brand Away is partnering with another cult-favorite, the New York City bakery Flour Shop, on a new collection of popular suitcases and carry-ons that just dropped this week. You’ve seen travelers towing Away bags pretty much every time you go to the airport and, trust us, you’re about to start seeing a lot more of them — and in kaleidoscopic color.
The travel brand debuted the colorful suitcases on Tuesday, and they’re selling out fast. The limited-edition collection comes in eight vibrant colors — pretty much every hue in the rainbow — available in four sizes. This includes The Carry-On, The Bigger Carry-On, The Medium and The Large suitcases, but not the Daily Carry-On With Pocket we reported about earlier this summer. Sorry, business travelers.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Away (@away) on Sep 5, 2019 at 9:45am PDT
We went to Away’s New York City storefront to scope them out for ourselves, and we were told there were only “limited quantities left.” Yes, after only two days on shelves, Away had only the blue cobalt, lime green and hot pink suitcases left in stock.
The bags are a testament to the bakery’s love of bright colors, and retail between $225 and $295 — the same range of prices their carry-ons and suitcases currently cost. If you want to order one, we’d recommend doing so ASAP through their online store. Just keep in mind that the limited-edition Carry-On and Bigger Carry-On are only available without a battery.
That’s not all, though.
Travelers can also get a “branded luggage tag featuring an exclusive Flour Shop design,” according to Cosmopolitan, and purchase bright, zippered packing cubes in both warm and cool tones; those will run you $45 for a set of four.
Now, if only one of those cakes were included in the collaboration, too.
Featured photo by Wyatt Smith/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.