Arizona Cardinals unveil sleek team jet: A Boeing 777
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Touching down in an NFL city near you: a Boeing 777-200ER that was just acquired by the Arizona Cardinals.
The sleek aircraft was unveiled earlier this month, and seats 288, including 28 first-class seats and 48 business class seats, the team said in a press release.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free biweekly Aviation newsletter.
If you’re a Delta Air Lines frequent flyer and that configuration sounds familiar, that’s because it is. The aircraft, N867DA, was delivered to Delta in 2002 and served with the airline until its 777 fleet was retired in October 2020. While no photos are available of its interior, it appears that the Cardinals left the Delta configuration in place, including the carrier’s latest Delta One Suites.
“It is a major undertaking every time we travel for a game,” Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill said in a statement. “This aircraft will not only provide major convenience but also maximum comfort for our players when getting them to and from road games. Every NFL team is looking for advantages whenever possible and we think this will certainly provide one.”
In the release, the Cardinals said that the team has traveled 109,277 air miles over the past five years — ranking the team seventh in the league for travel over that time period.
The Cardinals are the second NFL team to own an aircraft. The New England Patriots acquired two Boeing 767-300ERs in 2017, which are operated by Eastern Airlines. Since those aircraft just feature recliner seats, it’s pretty clear which team wins the luxury match-up.
Photo courtesy of the Arizona Cardinals.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees