Partner award flights on ANA just got even better: One-way redemptions now possible
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you know how to book through the right partners, you can score amazing business and first-class redemptions for just a fraction of the miles. One of the best examples of this is using Virgin Atlantic Flying Club points to book travel on All Nippon Airways (ANA).
Historically, one of the major pitfalls is that ANA only allowed round-trip partner award redemptions, but that has now changed.
Want more travel news and advice? Make sure to sign up for the TPG newsletter.
The ANA partner page on Virgin Atlantic’s website used to display a message saying one-way reward trips are not available. But now, as noted on One Mile at a Time, it says you can book a one-way trip for half the price of the round-trip mileage in the current award chart.
You might be asking why this is such a big deal. Well, there are a number of reasons why someone may book a one-way trip.
Depending on award availability, your travel dates may only be able for one of the legs. Maybe you want to fly into one destination and fly out of another (I actually did this on my first points-funded trip to Croatia a few years back). Or, maybe you can only splurge on business or first-class tickets for one leg of your trip.
The ability to book one-way tickets provides a lot more flexibility for travelers.
Now, you can score an ANA business class ticket between the U.S. and Japan for as little as 45,000 Flying Club points. For everyone already planning a dream getaway for after the pandemic, this could be a great redemption option for you.
Keep in mind that in order to book an ANA award flight with your Virgin Atlantic points, you’ll have to call Virgin Atlantic to book at least 48 hours in advance.
Related: Ultimate guide to ANA Mileage Club
All Nippon Airways revamped its business and first-class flying experiences in recent years, making it one of the best premium class cabins to fly internationally. And because you can transfer credit card points to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club from Amex, Chase and Citi, racking up the necessary points for a stellar redemption is easier than other programs.
Featured image by TungCheung/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees