Amtrak rolls out new kiosks nationally
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is introducing hundreds of new kiosks across the United States. The rollout will begin in the Northeast and continue throughout the Midwest and into California this year.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The 200 new kiosks in more than 150 stations will feature an updated user interface and can be activated by touch, card swipe, barcode scan or by inserting a headset for frequent in-station transactions.
Travelers can choose a departure from any station and can select a seat on trains offering reserved seating.
The Northeast rollout will begin with the Washington Union Station, the Joseph R. Biden Jr. Railroad Station in Wilmington Delaware and the Moynihan Train Hall in New York City.
Future improvements will include accepting contactless payment and sending tickets to a customer’s e-mail address. The kiosks are fully ADA compliant with available audio instruction for users with limited visibility and a 48-inch height to be accessible for someone in a wheelchair.
“As we continue to modernize our trains and stations, we are concurrently providing modern amenities to our customers, and we are accomplishing that goal with the new Amtrak kiosk,” Amtrak Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing and Revenue Officer Roger Harris stated in a company release. “Our customers can trust that they will have an easy, convenient and fast experience when using these new kiosks to book or print a ticket for their next trip.”
Earlier this year Amtrak announced it would invest $7.3 billion towards manufacturing 83 new trains aimed at reducing carbon emissions.
Amtrak Guest Rewards can help customers earn points toward Amtrak travel, hotels, car rentals. Amtrak has two credit cards, the Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® and the Amtrak Guest Rewards® Platinum Mastercard®. Members earn two points per dollar spent on Amtrak travel and one point per dollar on all other purchases.
The information for the Amtrak cards has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
(Featured image Courtesy of Clint Henderson/The Points Guy)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees