Today’s the Day to Use Your Credit Card for Maximum Savings at Saks Fifth Avenue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s already June, and that means the expiration of the first half of the $100 Saks Fifth Avenue credit that comes with your Platinum Card® from American Express is right around the corner. But don’t worry, because today’s the perfect day to put that credit to good use!
Right now, Saks is having a sale with up to 70% off a ton of styles — and offering free rush shipping for Father’s Day with the code DADRUSH. On top of that, for today only, you can get an additional 10% cash back by going through the Ebates shopping portal. Stack these two deals with the credit on your Platinum Card and you’re looking at some pretty significant savings.
For example, I was able to get a dress from popular (and expensive) Loveshackfancy label, which sells on saks.com, for a grand total of $189. It was originally $425, and then further discounted on sale. Factor in my $50 Saks credit (which is taken off after the statement posts), and that’s a solid deal if I do say so myself.
The $100 Amex Platinum Saks benefit is divided into two $50 credits, one each for the first and second halves of the year. So now that it’s June, you only have a few weeks left to use it — the second $50 credit will kick in on July 1 and the first $50 doesn’t roll over. Translation: It’s time for a shopping spree. Of course, you can take advantage of this sale and the Ebates cash back regardless of which credit card you use, but having the Platinum Card is the cherry on top.
Speaking of Amex cards, there’s more good news no matter which type of Amex you have. It’s a little-known fact that thanks to your card, you have access to ShopRunner, a company that offers free two-day shipping and returns at a ton of retailers… Yup, you guessed it, including Saks. If you’re not taking advantage of it — sale or no sale — you’re passing up on valuable credit card perks.
The Amex Platinum comes with a $550 annual fee (see rates & fees), and currently offers a welcome bonus of 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 6 months of Card Membership, but some people have been targeted for even better welcome offers via the CardMatch tool. In our June point valuations, we value Membership Rewards points at 2 cents apiece.
Featured image by NoDerog / Getty Images.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees