Today’s the Day to Use Your Card for Maximum Savings at Saks Fifth Avenue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s already June, and that means the expiration of the first half of the up to $100 Saks Fifth Avenue annual statement credit (enrollment required) that comes with your Platinum Card® from American Express is right around the corner. But don’t worry, because today’s the perfect day to put that credit to good use!
Right now, Saks is having a sale with up to 70% off a ton of styles — and offering free rush shipping for Father’s Day with the code DADRUSH. On top of that, for today only, you can get an additional 10% cash back by going through the Ebates shopping portal. Stack these two deals with the credit on your Platinum Card and you’re looking at some pretty significant savings.
For example, I was able to get a dress from popular (and expensive) Loveshackfancy label, which sells on saks.com, for a grand total of $189. It was originally $425, and then further discounted on sale. Factor in my $50 Saks credit (which is taken off after the statement posts), and that’s a solid deal if I do say so myself.
The $100 Amex Platinum Saks benefit is divided into two $50 credits, one each for the first and second halves of the year. So now that it’s June, you only have a few weeks left to use it — the second $50 credit will kick in on July 1 and the first $50 doesn’t roll over. Translation: It’s time for a shopping spree. Of course, you can take advantage of this sale and the Ebates cash back regardless of which card you use, but having the Platinum Card is the cherry on top.
Speaking of Amex cards, there’s more good news no matter which type of Amex you have. It’s a little-known fact that thanks to your card, you have access to enroll with ShopRunner, a company that offers free two-day shipping and returns at a ton of retailers… Yup, you guessed it, including Saks. If you’re not taking advantage of it — sale or no sale — you’re passing up on valuable credit card perks.
The Amex Platinum comes with a $695 annual fee (see rates & fees), and currently offers a welcome bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases in your first six months of card membership, but some people have been targeted for even better welcome offers via the CardMatch tool. In our June point valuations, we value Membership Rewards points at 2 cents apiece.
Featured image by NoDerog / Getty Images.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on eligible Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees