This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000 Platinum Card offer or 50,000 Premier Rewards Gold offer. These offers are subject to change at anytime.
Every once in a while, targeted credit card welcome bonus offers come around that are much higher than what’s available to the public on the same card. And, one of the best places to look for these offers is the CardMatch Tool.
If you haven’t visited recently, now is an excellent time to check your CardMatch offers because as of Sunday afternoon we’re seeing the return of the incredible 100,000-point offer on the Platinum Card® from American Express. The offer that we’re seeing requires $5,000 spending within the first three months of account opening to earn the 100,000 point welcome bonus:
American Express welcome bonuses are “not available to applicants who have or have had this product,” and that limitation is found on this offer as well. While there are some reports of being able to get a welcome bonus for the same card many years after closing the account, this “once per lifetime” welcome bonus limitation is an important restriction to keep in mind.
How To Use CardMatch
CardMatch is straightforward to use, but those who haven’t used the tool before might be curious about the process. Here are the easy steps to check your offers:
- Go to the CardMatch homepage.
- Enter your first name, last name, home address and last four digits of your social security number.
- If you want to be contacted by CardMatch, enter your email address. Otherwise, uncheck the contact box.
- Click “Get Matches.”
- Check the box to accept the terms & conditions.
- After a 60-second or less search, your pre-approved offers will appear.
Note that this process creates a “soft” credit inquiry on your credit report. This means that the inquiry will show up on your credit report, but it’ll have no impact on your credit score — similar to if you checked your own credit report through a free annual check or a paid service.
Is The Amex Platinum Worth It?
The headline is certainly the spectacular 100,000 Membership Rewards point welcome bonus. Based on TPG’s most recent valuation at 1.9 cents per Membership Rewards point, the welcome bonus alone is worth $1,900. Once you learn to maximize the value of your Membership Rewards points, you can get much more value than that.
The Platinum Card only gets more valuable the more you travel. On the spending side, you’ll earn 5x points on airfare purchased directly through the airline or through American Express Travel, as well as 5x earnings on prepaid hotels booked through AmexTravel. The card also rewards frequent Uber users with up to $200 per year in Uber credits.
And then there are the lounges. Cardmembers are granted access to nine spectacular Centurion Lounges — seven of which we pitted against each other this summer, plus two new lounges in Philadelphia (PHL) and Hong Kong (HKG). Two more Centurion Lounges are coming soon to New York’s Kennedy (JFK) and Denver (DEN), while the new larger Dallas (DFW) lounge will open later this summer. Cardholders also get access to more than 1,000 lounges through a Priority Pass membership and access to Delta SkyClubs when traveling with Delta.
Public Amex Platinum Offer
If you aren’t targeted for this excellent offer, the current public offer for The Platinum Card from American Express is a 60,000-point welcome bonus for spending $5,000 in the first three months after signing up. Considering the incredible value that this card offers frequent travelers, this isn’t a bad offer. But, obviously, 100,000 points is much more lucrative.
Not Just the Amex Platinum
We’re also seeing increased offers for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express. The targeted Premier Rewards Gold offer can get you 50,000 points after $1,000 spent within the first three months, which is double the welcome bonus on the public offer (25,000 points) for half the spending requirement ($2,000).
Be sure to check the tool today to see what offers are available for you.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards