This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There is some news from American Express today as Platinum and Centurion American Express cardholders can access some of the Lufthansa lounges in Munic]h and Frankfurt beginning on June 1, 2018. Learn which new lounges you can access with your Amex Platinum card and how to bring in guests…
It is no secret that the American Express Platinum family of cards is pretty top notch when it comes to lounge access. The Platinum Card® from American Express can unlock the doors to the Amex Centurion Lounge network, Priority Pass Select membership, Delta Sky Clubs, and more. As of tomorrow, June 1, 2018, you can add some additional Lufthansa Lounges to the list of places your Amex Platinum can get you in!
As on June 1st, Platinum and Centurion Amex Platinum cardholders can get into the Lufthansa Lounges in Frankfurt’s Terminal 1 in Concourse B from June 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019, and at Munich Airport’s Satellite Building of Terminal 2 through May 31, 2019. Obviously, that is very good news. The trickier part is who can access which lounges, so let’s walk through that now.
If you have a Platinum Amex, you can get into the Lufthansa Business Lounges at the eligible locations in Frankfurt and Munich regardless of your ticketed cabin on a Lufthansa, SWISS, or Austrian flight. If you have a Platinum Amex and are flying on a business class ticket on one of those airlines, you can get into the Lufthansa Senator Lounges in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport, and T1 Concourse B in Frankfurt Airport.
If you happen to have a super exclusive Amex Centurion Card, then you can also get into the swanky Lufthansa First Class Lounge at the eligible locations regardless of your ticket class when on Lufthansa, SWISS, or Austrian flight.
While you do not get to bring complimentary guests into these lounges with an Amex Platinum, you can bring guests into some of the lounges for a fee, which will vary based on the lounge. An exception is if you have a baby, since the Lufthansa website says that you can take babies up to two years old into the lounge with you at any time.
The Lufthansa website also lists the current admission fee for adults to the Lufthansa Business Lounges at 25 euros in Europe with children 2 to 12 years old 15 euros in Europe. Of course, if your partner has an authorized user Amex Platinum card, then presumably that would get them in without a fee, assuming they have the appropriate airline ticket.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees